PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mens LULU Lemon Shorts

dsimon
07-13-2019, 07:01 PM
do you guys like them?
It seems Im having issues finding good running shorts with pockets and liner. all the new shorts have the spandex leggins built in and im not a fan. I have been through REI and returned a pair of Arcteryx and REI brand. I just wish companies wouldnt upgrade some times the old stuff works. Sorry for the rant Jut looking for some shorts. Thanks

AngryScientist
07-13-2019, 07:09 PM
IMO as a longtime runner....

running shorts with a liner are an old idea, and there are not necessary anymore.

invest in some good compression type supportive boxer briefs and run in standard athletic shorts. it's worlds better than those ancient liner based "running shorts" ever were.

again, IMO and experience. i still run a lot.

dsimon
07-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Angry,
I Like...Love the old running shorts because I usually wear them around the house/ yard work/ or to sleep in and I hate compression unless its cycling tights the Army' PT shorts had them built in and I loath them IM not a person who chaffs so give me back my old school **** please..

jimcav
07-13-2019, 11:48 PM
but i'm a fan of merino wool boxer briefs and simple unlined board shorts, the lighter weight the better. i look for unlined shorts with one secure pocket for my key

verticaldoug
07-14-2019, 02:27 AM
Nike still makes liner shorts. they have 3 styles 2in1 which have the inner tight, shorts with a liner and shorts with nothing.

you can go old fashion short shorts...
https://www.nike.com/gb/t/flex-stride-13cm-running-shorts-dcQ57V/AJ7777-010

dustyrider
07-14-2019, 07:11 AM
I like cheap shorts with the banana hammock for running. Usually adidas or asics can be found for under $20. Any sport other then just running, and I reach for the compression underwear. With that said, rabbit has been brought up a few times recently and some folks have also mentioned north face better than naked.

I don’t like anything in my pockets when I run so I bought one of these (https://www.nathansports.com/products/the-hipster-waist-belt-with-pockets) from Nathan. So far it is working out perfectly. Some folks use handheld water bottle holders to carry stuff as well.

RFC
07-14-2019, 08:49 AM
I share your pain. Shorts fashion has gone the wrong way -- too long and baggy.

I picked up 2 pairs of these -- $18:

https://www.costco.com/Speedo-Men%e2%80%99s-Volley-Swim-Short.product.100428289.html

Light, pockets and built in hairnet.

Bentley
07-14-2019, 09:05 AM
I’m not a runner, but it’s my go to for workout gear. Buy on the “we made too much”, takes the sting out of the price. I can vouch for quality and fit.

Ray

bcroslin
07-14-2019, 09:08 AM
My wife picked up a few pairs of running shorts for me when I was layed up and IMO the best bang for your buck is Old Navy. I have two pair without liners but I think they sell a few with them.

dsimon
07-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Thanks RFC,
ill have to check out Costco I picked up two of their GH bass collared polos and love them

berserk87
07-14-2019, 02:59 PM
I hate to pollute the thread but I didn't know that Lulu made men's clothing until now. I learned something new today.

joosttx
07-14-2019, 03:02 PM
They are nice shorts but they begin to fray at the edges over time. Patagonia shorts with the liner are much more durable.