PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with an EBB or sliding dropouts on a Serotta frame?

weatherman
12-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Can Serotta produce a frame with an eccentric bottom bracket or sliding dropouts? I'm shopping for a Ti cx frame and while I have to admit I am partial to Moots (two in the garage at the moment), I certainly respect Serotta's work (owned a Serotta mtb a few years back) and figure I should consider them.

Anybody? I know Seven can do it and am looking at a Tsunami or Mudhoney frame from them. Moots tells me no go on the EBB anymore (I have one of their frames with EBB already) and they don't "have time" to design a cx frame with sliding dropouts. Bums me out.

So, anybody? Thanks! :)

Jack Brunk
12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Here's track drop outs on my new fixed gear. Up close the details are perfection.

J

Bruce K
12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
My new Zanconato single speed cross bike has the EBB.

Look in the custom gallery.

I can get you more pics if you need them.

BK

weatherman
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Here's track drop outs on my new fixed gear. Up close the details are perfection.

J

Looks very nice, thats another option I guess although if (when) I get lazy in the future or my knees give out moving to a geared setup would be easier with an ebb or sliding dropouts. Good looking rig though Jack! Thanks.

weatherman
12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
My new Zanconato single speed cross bike has the EBB.

Look in the custom gallery.

I can get you more pics if you need them.

BK

I've seen their work, and indeed it is nice. I am trying to stick to brands my LBS carries though (long story). I'll keep them on the list/consider them though if I expand what I am willing to consider.

Cool rig!

Jack Brunk
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Here's a picture of the sliding drop outs.

gt6267a
12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Here's a picture of the sliding drop outs.

1) i can't believe you are teasing us like that. where is the rest of the bike!?!
2) the cog on the white bike appears more pleasing to the eye than the one on the serotta. is this true in person?

weatherman
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
1) i can't believe you are teasing us like that. where is the rest of the bike!?!
2) the cog on the white bike appears more pleasing to the eye than the one on the serotta. is this true in person?

1) Agreed.

2) Unless I am mistaken, that would be a Boone titanium cog---they do make nice stuff, indeed. Beautiful chainrings and cogs, not to mention some nice jewelry (from Ti of course).

jckid
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Dean makes Ti frames with eccentric bottom brackets. I don't consider them up there with Moots or Serotta, but their prices are better.

Jack Brunk
12-13-2006, 01:12 PM
GT,

Cog on the Soulcraft is a Boone Ti and the one on the serotta is a Surly cromoly. I'm looking for a better set of track cogs.

Jack

eek
02-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Boone cogs ... *swooooon*

The track fork drops on the Serotta are very purdy too.

eek
02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Baum (http://baumcycles.com/) do these sliding dropouts as an option on their MTB frames (this is mine). No hassles in nearly 3 years of muddy abuse and the best bit is you can switch the drive side dropout for one without the derailleur hanger for super clean SS niceness (and back again when/if you want gears).

http://stevencaddy.com/baum/images/028.jpg