PDA

View Full Version : CBD and THC as bronchodilators

RFC
07-11-2019, 04:24 PM
I originally posted this in the knee pain pain thread, but thought I'd also start a separate thread on the subject.

During hay fever season, I develop asthma symptoms. Working out during that time feels like I'm wearing a high altitude mask.

A couple of months ago, I started vaping CBD and it helps a good deal and reduces my reliance on an albuterol inhaler.

Both CBD and THC are bronchodilators.

Or, as one emergency room MD said to me, "When a kid has an asthma attack, the best thing you can do is give him a joint."

jtbadge
07-11-2019, 05:17 PM
My asthma symptoms all but went away when I started using marijuana in college. Whoda thunk?

CunegoFan
07-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Is there anything CBD is not alleged to cure? Male pattern baldness, erectile disfunction, restless leg syndrome?

RFC
07-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Is there anything CBD is not alleged to cure? Male pattern baldness, erectile disfunction, restless leg syndrome?

I believe that that the bronchodialator effect has been established through studies.

GOTHBROOKS
07-11-2019, 06:24 PM
cbd use does not make disc brakes cool.

Hilltopperny
07-11-2019, 06:37 PM
I've felt increased lung function this season since vaping dry herb. Don't think it's placebo as anybody that has ridden up a long hard climb can probably attest to hearing me breathing as if I was going to have a heart attack. That is not happening as much this year although I started the season quite a bit heavier than the last few.

Sent from my LGL423DL using Tapatalk

Spoker
07-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Anecdotal, but my herb smoking buddies cough a lot more than I do on the bike. Especially when climbing.

daker13
07-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Or, as one emergency room MD said to me, "When a kid has an asthma attack, the best thing you can do is give him a joint."

Did s/he really say that?

I'm a little curious about people who run/bike and smoke for performance reasons, but the idea of it also terrifies me.

RFC
07-11-2019, 08:00 PM

I'm a little curious about people who run/bike and smoke for performance reasons, but the idea of it also terrifies me.

He was joking, but not about the effect.

BTW, there is a world of difference between smoking and vaping.

CunegoFan
07-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Anecdotal, but my herb smoking buddies cough a lot more than I do on the bike. Especially when climbing.

Obviously they are not smoking enough weed.

berserk87
07-11-2019, 08:07 PM

POST OF THE FREAKIN' DAY GOTH!

Your $1 check is in the mail.

GOTHBROOKS
07-11-2019, 08:20 PM
BTW, there is a world of difference between smoking and vaping.
idk, both make me feel like im steam powered.

stephenmarklay
07-11-2019, 08:22 PM

It actually may help with RLS. THC does.

Your point is well taken however.

charliedid
07-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Didn't Michael Phelps, the swimmer make this claim?

Dired
07-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Are there any medical references or studies on this? Quick google comes up short.

ghammer
07-12-2019, 07:39 AM

Best quote of paceline ever.

hummus_aquinas
07-12-2019, 09:58 AM
What's the shortest word in the english language?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48265603356_0e9437b1e9_b.jpg

tigoat
07-13-2019, 04:28 AM
Huh? Did you mean to vape marijuana instead of hemp? Where did you get hemp buds? I would like to try CBD oil but not for enhancing my cycling hobby though.

tigoat
07-13-2019, 04:45 AM
Never mind I found some hemp buds on the internet. Dang, vaping the hemp flower would be much cheaper to get CBD into the system than using the hemp extract oil. Thanks.

bcroslin
07-13-2019, 05:07 AM

I can attest that it definitely will not cure those three! ;)

NYT Sunday Mag published a long piece on all the claims people make about CDB. (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/14/magazine/cbd-cannabis-cure.html) Until the research is done no one really knows.

For me, medical marijuana has been a lifesaver. Everything you hear about chemo leaving you with zero appetite is true and vaping marijuana was the only way I'd have any appetite. It works but I'm a sample size of one. Criminalization of marijuana/ "the war on drugs" is one of the largest injustices on the late 20th century IMO.

soulspinner
07-13-2019, 05:48 AM
I can attest that it definitely will not cure those three! ;)

NYT Sunday Mag published a long piece on all the claims people make about CDB. (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/14/magazine/cbd-cannabis-cure.html) Until the research is done no one really knows.

For me, medical marijuana has been a lifesaver. Everything you hear about chemo leaving you with zero appetite is true and vaping marijuana was the only way I'd have any appetite. It works but I'm a sample size of one. Criminalization of marijuana/ "the war on drugs" is one of the largest injustices on the late 20th century IMO.

Well said. Be well.