PDA

View Full Version : Moving from St Louis, MO to Louisville, KY

djcwardog
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I just accepted a job offer that will have me working in Louisville by year's end. I recall the Cherokee - Seneca Park bike loop from years ago, but how has the area progressed for bicycling in the past 5-10 years?

Serpico
12-12-2006, 05:08 PM
louisville has a good music scene, or it did

edit: I see you're asking about bikes

BURCH
12-13-2006, 09:58 AM
You are going to be pleasantly surprised. I moved here in May and I have been amazed by the cycling community. Lots of great shops, clubs, roads, and patient motorists. The city has also just finished some major bike lane projects downtown.

Send me a PM and I can give you my number. I have only been here for about 6 months, but would love to pass on any knowledge that I have acquired and would be up for a ride. I live right next to the Parks and ride there a lot.

Here is the local club that has lots of good rides:
http://www.louisvillebicycleclub.org/

maryluke
12-13-2006, 10:07 AM
I live in Owensboro, KY about 2 hours from Louisville, but I am in Louisville a lot for business. The biking scene there is huge, they have a tuesday night ride that starts at cycler's cafe, which is right next to Cherokee park, there is at times close to 75 riders on this ride. There are a number of Cat 1-2 riders in the louisville area and the racing scene is strong there, with a race close by almost every weekend, cyclocross is also getting stronger there, they have a local course there and I think they had 4 races there this year, with other races close by in Cincinatti. I shop at Clarksville schwinn over in Clarksville Indiana (talk to Bob or Chris) and they have a huge selection and help sponsor the majority of the teams in the Louisville area