PDA

View Full Version : Andente Cycle..any owners out there??

CarlosContreros
12-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I've got a friend who's entering the "road-bike" arena...and it
seems as if he can get a great deal on an Andente.

I think the builder is in the Miami,Fl area....and I think he's still down
there manufacturing.

Could ya possibly pick a more......"esoteric"... frameset to start with?
Of course...a bike frame is a bike frame..I think "fit" and componentry
should play a major role as well!

Big Dan
12-12-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the bikes are or were made in Colombia.
Mauricio is a good guy and a great wheel builder, but I don't think he makes the frames.... :)

Bill Bove
12-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Three friends of mine have bought bike from Andante, one is 6'7" and his is a track bike that he still uses, one is a 5'4" woman who got a steel frame that she rode happily for several years before buying a carbon Trek. The third guy, the third guy, oh boy, he is 5'6" and very stout in build, Mouricio measured him out well, in fact everybody will say he is a good fitter BUTwhen the bike came up from Columbia itdid not have the proper downtube or chainstays on it. They, the buyer and the fitter determined the buyer needed a stronger frame than then the average guy buying a 50c frame, they specified certain tubes for this bike. It did not come with them. Next theydecided on a paint scheme, the painter returned it with his own idea of what it should look like. So he's got a bike that doesn't look like he wanted or have the tubes he wanted. M says ride it, my buddy's been waiting a long time for this bike so he does. He's riding up up in N.C. and bang the downtube snaps. Luckily heis not hurt. He brings his bike back to M who assures him he will get the bike wanted this time and it will not take as long. Weeks go by and no frame. Finally his wife goes down there and M's wife Liz moves the parts of his broken frame onto one they have to lend him. This frame looks like it was painted with a hatchet. Really, a hatchet with house paint. Then she asks for 150 bucks for labor.

If you want a bike built by a local builder check out www.clementecycles.com

CarlosContreros
12-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Good info!
I guess it's unaminous...Andente's are built in Columbia....
and not by Mauricio! :cool:

Clemente looks like an interesting option!
Some nice looking rides!

Lake Worth huh?
Yeah!..I've seen your water tower! ;)