PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Fierte Ti 2004

Samaaron
12-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I am looking at purchasing a 2004 Fierte ti from a LBS that is brand new it never sold. The bike is equipped with a campy centaur group, Campy Venton wheels and a crane creek head set. What is fair price and how does the older bike differ from a new Fierte? Is the ride going to be different? How does the older Fierte compare to a Trek Pilot 5.2 Carbon?
Thanks

victoryfactory
12-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Here's a recent post about an '04 Fierte Ti for comparison.
As far as the comparison between a carbon and Ti frame, generally,
a Ti frame will be smoother and more compliant, but I've never ridden that Trek
model. What fork is on the Serotta?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=22787

VF
Good luck

pdxmech13
12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I watch people sell pilots all day long. They are not a bad bike by any means if its the fitting you need. Longer wheel base, Treks great carbon processing, good equipment, and it is mostly assembled by hand in the states. That serotta will have a little sportier geo, is made by one of the best Ti builders period and was all lovingly crafted by skilled hands that love bikes. As for the ride qualities you should take'em for a spin and decide. I know which one i'd buy.

But I own two of the best bikes ever made by the Saratoga crew :D :D

93legendti
12-12-2006, 09:16 AM
I just bought a Fierte Ti on sale from my LBS. I didn't need it, but the price was too good to pass up. I only have 1 ride on it, but based upon my numerous rides on my Fierte Steel CX bike and my Fierte Ti, I can tell you that the Fierte is not a true entry level bike. It may be priced at the low end of Serotta's line, but it rides like an upper tier bike. If it fits, a Fierte is reputed to be approx. 90% of a Legend.

Samaaron
12-12-2006, 10:35 AM
What are the differences between a 2004 Ti Fierte and a current model?

johnmdesigner
12-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Thas has his 2005 Fierte for sale in the Classifieds if it fits you.

davids
12-12-2006, 11:02 AM
The '05 and later Fiertés have carbon seatstays. They reduce road buzz a tiny bit, in my experience. I prefer the 100% Ti Fierté you're looking at.

It's a great bike - Designed and handbuilt by the same people that make the some of the finest custom bikes in the world. As far as I'm concerned, Serotta's 'stock' models (including the Fierté) are among the very best deals in the bike world. If you pay around $2,000 for this brand new bike, you're getting a great buy on a world-class bike.

When I bought my Nove, I rode a lot of bikes from a lot of companies, including the most expensive carbon models from Trek, Orbea, Cannondale, and Specialized, and high-end bikes from Serotta, Seven, and Parlee. My two favorites were the '04 Fierte Ti and the '05 Nove. I could have been quite happy with the Fierté Ti. (If you're truly desperate, search my old posts, from last December, for a detailed report.)

Good luck with your decision!

FierteTi52
12-12-2006, 10:46 PM
The Fierte Ti is a great bike for a great price. I have a non carbon stay 2003 Fierte Ti and the bike has always been wonderful. If the standard geometry fits, you can't go wrong and a Fierte Ti will have a much better resale value the a Trek Pilot.
Jeff