PDA

View Full Version : Best cheapo Resto in Seattle - Quick!

d_douglas
06-30-2019, 04:50 PM
We are visiting friends in seattle and have (on short notice) realized we are getting a date night without kids!!!!

Where can four adults go for dinner that isn’t too expensive and is unusual. Our friend is vegan and will eat anywhere (ya know, eat a salad at a burger bar if need be) but we are up for some cool ‘weird’ food if you have suggestions.

Staying at their house in Queen Anne near Fremont Bridge, so nearby is great...

72gmc
06-30-2019, 05:36 PM
We're not night lifers by trade, but we like these for date nights:

The Blue Glass (https://www.theblueglass.org/) -- neighborhoody but good, yummy small plates, try the fried brussels sprouts

picolinos (http://ristorantepicolinos.com/) -- up on sunset hill, plenty of good food and a nice place to walk after dinner

the hi life (http://www.chowfoods.com/hi-life/menus) -- sit outside, share a bunch of small plates and people watch

The Blue Glass is grownups only.

d_douglas
07-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Thanks! We ended up hitting Manolin, a great seafood restaurant in Fremont just up the street from google.

What was better was that out car-free friends said we could do Uber or e-bike rentals - you know what I chose!! It was a gorgeous night and the four of us pedalled to dinner, which was awesome. I have never used an ebike until now and I am convinced! I don’t want one now, but in a decade or so, this might be the ticket. My non cyclist wife loved it and saiid that once our kids walk / ride to school on their own (another year due to school arrangements) , she would like an ebike for commuting to get her out of the car - that gets a yes from me! She loved it too (except for the no-helmet thing, which we both dont like)

While cruising down Stone Way we rolled past Davdson Kulllaway Cycles too! What a fun delay as I made my buddies stop so I could ogle the shop window - it had an air Land Sea in plain view plus a few Davidson’s and 333Fabs in a rack inside the shop. That is definitely on my visit list for next time as they were obviously closed.

All in all a great night - good food, good friends, bike riding and a bit of bike p*rn to wrap things up!!

twangston73
07-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Check out Kedai Makan for Malaysian food and yummy cocktails.

MattTuck
07-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Not sure if it is still open, or still producing good food, but Il Corvo used to be a very good value for unique interesting food. Added bonus that Steve Hampsten turned me on to it.

pdmtong
07-01-2019, 07:16 PM
What was better was that out car-free friends said we could do Uber or e-bike rentals - you know what I chose!! It was a gorgeous night and the four of us pedalled to dinner, which was awesome. I have never used an ebike until now and I am convinced! I don’t want one now, but in a decade or so, this might be the ticket. My non cyclist wife loved it and saiid that once our kids walk / ride to school on their own (another year due to school arrangements) , she would like an ebike for commuting to get her out of the car - that gets a yes from me! She loved it too (except for the no-helmet thing, which we both dont like)

It's the same story with electronic shifting, disc brakes or modern bikes.
No one really needs them...but they sure are nice.