PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone tried vibration headphones while cycling?

zmalwo
06-30-2019, 01:17 PM
I know this doesn't sound safe and you shouldn't be listenting to music using headphones while cycling but have anyone tried using those cheekbone vibration headphones while cycling? When I use regular headphones I can't hear anything except the sound of wind blowing on my in ear headphones. Just wondering since those vibration headphones supposedly send vibrations directly to your inner ear, would that help with the sound of wind while cycling?

brewsmith
06-30-2019, 01:21 PM
I use trekz titanium headphones all the time and they work great. There is some wind interference, but you can still hear pretty well. I use them for running and climbing also, probably the best $90 I've spent tbh

jimcav
06-30-2019, 01:30 PM
now that running is more discomfort than fun, i need music to keep going at times. The trekz let me hear everything around me (to include rattlesnakes), but still hear the music. I've jogged in 25+ mph winds, so know they will work biking too.

mtechnica
06-30-2019, 01:31 PM
I have the Trekz as well and they serve their purpose quite well. The audio quality isn't amazing but it's adequate and you can still hear things around you. They're comfortable and don't really interfere with helmets and sunglasses.

ultraman6970
06-30-2019, 02:33 PM
I do not use headphones while riding. I do not want to die or get hit by something I can't hear.

U have to have all your senses top notch while riding.

mtechnica
06-30-2019, 02:38 PM
I do not use headphones while riding. I do not want to die or get hit by something I can't hear.

U have to have all your senses top notch while riding.

The point of these headphones is that you can hear things and hear the music because they don't cover your ears. Also I don't really know how likely it is that you'll be able to hear something that's going to hit you and be able to avoid it just because you heard it coming :confused:

zzy
06-30-2019, 02:47 PM
They're called bone conduction headphones. I've been using a set of Aftershokz Bluez for years and love them for boring park laps. Great for audiobooks, but sound quality ain't great. But they work as described and I can still hear cars/bikes approaching from behind.

DWColiins
06-30-2019, 07:16 PM
Good to know, I have been thinking of getting a pair to use while on the trainer in the mornings. So I can listen to music, not wake everyone up, and hear when my kids get up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

R3awak3n
06-30-2019, 08:17 PM
I have trekz titanium myself. They are nice. Quality is fine. I would not use them with too much traffic. Sure they are better than ear buds but still hard to hear traffic if played too loud. However if you mix these and a garmin varia radar, pretty safe which is what I do sometimes.

unterhausen
07-01-2019, 06:52 AM
people used to tell me I should use a mirror so i could avoid getting run over. I started using one, but there is no way that they will help with that. I do like to hear things coming though.

I have conduction loss in my right ear, so I'm pretty sure that bone conduction would mean I hear everything in my right ear. Still look interesting, especially on the trainer.

makoti
07-01-2019, 07:41 AM
I use trekz titanium headphones all the time and they work great. There is some wind interference, but you can still hear pretty well. I use them for running and climbing also, probably the best $90 I've spent tbh

So these sit ON the ear, not IN the ear or OVER the ear? How the sound quality? Anything close to in-ear headphones?