PDA

View Full Version : Guy Sagiv + Omer Shapira: 1 kiss, 2 national championships, a great moment.

Dino Suegiù
06-29-2019, 03:31 PM
Wonderful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVzLbAn7iLw

"When Israeli Guy Sagiv was approaching the finish line to secure his victory in the Israeli Nationals he found himself about to pass his girlfriend Omer Shapira. Next came the kiss and both finished as the new Israeli champions."

I do not think these two will be posting in the "cycling regrets?" thread any time soon.

macaroon
06-29-2019, 05:58 PM
So gay

gasman
06-29-2019, 06:09 PM
So gay

Really ?? I’m not sure how you meant this comment but it comes across pretty bigoted.

I thought it was a very cool moment.

m_sasso
06-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Neat moment, Macaroon one too many cookies?

Dino Suegiù
06-29-2019, 06:25 PM
So gayhttps://forums.thepaceline.net/images/icons/icon13.gif

Excuse me?
Are you referring to my post, or to the couple in the video?

Either way, what a completely provincial, stupid, inappropriate comment.

But, please, don't hold back; go ahead and post a video of yourself showing your mate a nice gesture of affection, encouragement, and support, as you both win your National Championships.... :rolleyes:

ColonelJLloyd
06-29-2019, 07:57 PM
I'm completely removed from whatever race this was, but that struck me as a rather staged display of affection. Not that I find that surprising. People are brands or whatever and ever shilling.

charliedid
06-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Wonderful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVzLbAn7iLw

"When Israeli Guy Sagiv was approaching the finish line to secure his victory in the Israeli Nationals he found himself about to pass his girlfriend Omer Shapira. Next came the kiss and both finished as the new Israeli champions."

I do not think these two will be posting in the "cycling regrets?" thread any time soon.

Nice!

kramnnim
06-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Such confusing responses in this thread :confused:

Spdntrxi
06-29-2019, 10:50 PM
everyone knows white straight people cannot be celebrated :no:

Matthew
06-29-2019, 11:00 PM
Huh? What does race and sexual orientation have to do with the story and video? I agree, some very weird responses to a great story. I'm just glad they didn't crash!

bikinchris
06-29-2019, 11:09 PM
Some of you people have problems.

Matthew
06-29-2019, 11:15 PM
How do you stage a display of affection? Unless they were absolutely heavy favorites for both to win their respective races I'm guessing it wasn't planned. She didn't appear to expect the kiss. Circumstances had to play out perfectly and it did. Good for them. This may go down as the weirdest paceline thread. And that's saying something.

kramnnim
06-29-2019, 11:33 PM
She was the defending champion and he was 2nd last year after winning previously. (Still doesn't look staged to me.)

ultraman6970
06-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Is that you cartman!!!!???

:)

ps: dont let stuff like this get you (any forumite) just take it with humor, which probably was the intention from the beginning. We have lost that capability in the last few years.

So gay

Peter P.
06-30-2019, 04:55 AM
I don't get it; were they racing for the same championship, or were the men and women in separate categories, on the course at the same time, and the women started before the men?

oldpotatoe
06-30-2019, 06:12 AM
she had discs and he didn't, why he was able to pass her goin' up hill...:)

hey macaroon...find the clue yet? :eek:

Bruce K
06-30-2019, 06:18 AM
A fun moment

She looked totally surprised

I am really disappointed at some of the responses. I thought our community here was better than that.

BK

unterhausen
06-30-2019, 06:39 AM
I thought the clip was mildly amusing and I'm glad the op posted it here. The rest of the thread is a train wreck.

this thread following some really horrible posts on a bicycle related email list yesterday just serves to remind that cyclists hold diverse opinions on things. Not that I want to see them on a bike forum unrelated to the subject at hand, I certainly don't.

makoti
06-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Staged or not (and I can't see how, other than him saying "be sure to get this on film"), that was a cool moment

colker
06-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Corny.

GParkes
07-01-2019, 05:49 AM
So, if I were so lucky to be winning a national championship race while my significant other was simultaneously winning a national championship race, I'd have given her a kiss as well. However, with my luck, I would have likely failed during the attempt and crashed, and subsequently finishing second..........

Good for them.

Billybob62
07-01-2019, 06:14 AM
So, if I were so lucky to be winning a national championship race while my significant other was simultaneously winning a national championship race, I'd have given her a kiss as well. However, with my luck, I would have likely failed during the attempt and crashed, and subsequently finishing second..........

Good for them.

I was hoping someone would achnowledged the handling skill involved there, I've never tried to kiss anyone while riding uphill but I'm sure it wouldn't end well.....

I don't understand the negative comments about this, pretty sad....