PDA

View Full Version : More Garmin help, please

Mr. Pink
06-26-2019, 09:15 PM
So I plug a new Edge 530 into both of my Macs, and neither recognizes it. Garmin Express, latest version, installed on both. I have owned an 810 for some time now, both computers see the 810. Went to chat support, tried a few things, didnt work, they're gone for the night, so, I'll call tommorow.

Anybody have this issue? Eh, you know, Garmin, maybe I made a mistake, although my 810 has been humming along lately after some initial issues.

kppolich
06-26-2019, 09:35 PM
So I plug a new Edge 530 into both of my Macs, and neither recognizes it. Garmin Express, latest version, installed on both. I have owned an 810 for some time now, both computers see the 810. Went to chat support, tried a few things, didnt work, they're gone for the night, so, I'll call tommorow.

Anybody have this issue? Eh, you know, Garmin, maybe I made a mistake, although my 810 has been humming along lately after some initial issues.

Last time I had issues with the garmin staying in 'charge' mode and not 'sync' mode. When it is plugged in, see if the power button toggles the setting to 'sync' for Garmin Express to pick it up.

adampaiva
06-27-2019, 08:39 AM
try a different usb cable. Garmins can be picky on which cable will be a data connection and not just charging.

FlashUNC
06-27-2019, 09:27 AM
The answer is Wahoo.

R3awak3n
06-27-2019, 09:33 AM
I know sounds stupid but did you try restarting the computer?

I just got my garmin 830, plugged it in to update maps, also a mac, no problems.

I bet the 530 is fantastic, I am very happy with the 830 so far. One of the few that does not want a wahoo.

SoCalSteve
06-27-2019, 10:35 AM
try a different usb cable. Garmins can be picky on which cable will be a data connection and not just charging.

This!