PDA

View Full Version : More addictive than crack cocaine...

Xyzzy
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm hooked on Twizzlers and Gardetto's. But apparently that stuff is for beginners. Check this out:

http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/store/index.cfm?destination=darkchocolatedreams

At the risk of exposing myself to even more temptation, what snacks would you sell your soul for?

Frustration
12-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Well damn you for showing me one I would rent it out for...

;)

m_moses
12-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Nutella makes everything taste better.

But I'll be looking for that Chocalate Dream stuff.

justinf
12-11-2006, 07:43 AM
You know those little brown sugar pecans that appear around Christmas every year? Damn. I can't. . . stop.

ti_boi
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
almond joy :cool:

davids
12-11-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm a chocolate slut. I try to stick to the good stuff - Y'know, dark and rich.

But there's a jar of Hershey's minis and raspberry-filled Kisses a few steps from my office. And I've been there more than once today.

I am filled with shame. And chocolate.

Tom
12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
They are the one thing I can not resist, all thoughts of food as fuel just evaporate when those things are around, which isn't very long let me tell you.

BURCH
12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Wish I could join the bandwagon on Peanut(butter), but alas I am alergic and have never tasted a PB&J or any of these chocolate Peanut mixes. People always look at me with Pity when I mention the PB&J thing, but I don't know what I am missing so it is ok.

Erik.Lazdins
12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Parmesan Reggiano does it for me. I go across town to buy it. I cringe when I run low.
Stockouts scare me.

I like chocolate, nutella, belgian dark caramels, cheeses of many different kinds but Parmesan Reggiano is on another level.

But then I am an 80%er !

cadence231
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
B&J's Peanut Butter Cup. However. Everytime I eat ice cream I feel slow the next day...in more ways than one.

catulle
12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
B&J's Peanut Butter Cup. However. Everytime I eat ice cream I feel slow the next day...in more ways than one.

No wonder I feel slow every day...

PBWrench
12-12-2006, 03:54 PM
I REALLY do love this stuff! Espresso Love -- 2X caffeine. Especially good on celery sticks.

67-59
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
For those of you who go for the chocolate-peanut butter combination: If you ever get to Madison, go to the UW student union, where they sell the ice cream made at the university's dairy farm. Their "Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate" ice cream is quite possibly the world's most perfect food.

Alas, Madison is a three hour drive for me....

PBWrench
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM
On Wisconsin!!

chuckred
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Bike wheels are round, right? So, it follows that round food is good for training? Right?

So -

Pizza = round = good
Peanut butter cups = round = good
Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup in a round container = round, squared = very good!
Krispy Kreme = Round = good
Bagels = Round = good
hamburgers = round = good...

you get the picture!

While I watch my weight to improve my climbing, I ride so I don't have to watch my weight - actually, that's bs... I ride cause I LOVE TO RIDE!

Ray
12-12-2006, 05:21 PM
...just how friggin' amazing a shot of espresso can taste if you really nail it. Like rich, deep, semi-sweet dark chocolate with little overtones of fruit. I had no idea. But my ability to create shots that good is fleeting - every now and then I get on a roll and hit it maybe one out of every 2 or 3 tries, sometimes I go days between them and end up with just pretty decent shots or lots of milk drinks. But when you nail it, OHMYGOD - so I'm addicted to continuing to shoot for it.

Low calorie fun. Addictive as all get out. And highly compatible with cycling.

Works for my personality in much the same way the Grateful Dead used to. They could be average or worse pretty often, but if you stuck with it and kept going back, every now and then you'd catch them on such a good night you'd think the sky was going to explode. And it might have once or twice. So you stayed at it and accepted it wasn't gonna be transcendent every time, but when it was (is)....

-Ray

Fat Robert
12-12-2006, 05:35 PM
coffee

any kind

Julia Hampsten
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Chocolate's okay but I am my father's daughter...give me jam, jam, jam - really good jam, especially St. Dalfour's black cherry with the big whole cherries in it...and don't get me started on marmalade, I'm talking the really thick cut, dark brown stuff...Chivers, preferably. What do you mean I ate half that jar already? I only had two slices of toast...