PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Aliante TG - issue with thigh glide seam?

BdaGhisallo
12-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I just got a new Fizik Aliante with the thigh glides and I noticed an issue which I am sure will annoy me. Right where the seam from the junction of the thigh glide and the rest of the saddle cover meets the edge of the saddle shell there is a noticeable bulge as the stitching wraps up and under the shell. I am replacing an older Aliante without the thigh glides.

Is this seam bulging a common problem? I am worried that I will feel it as my thigh "glides" along the edge of the thigh glide! :)

Should I worry or do I have a bit of a lemon?

stevep
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
ride it and see. you probably wont notice it.
if you do...then its a problem.

BdaGhisallo
12-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Well that's the crux of it. If I ride it and don't notice then it's not an issue. If I do notice it and don't like it, I can't return the saddle since it wouldn't be in the condition in which I purchased it.

fierte_poser
12-09-2006, 11:36 PM
which I am sure will annoy me

You've already answered your own question. Will anyone be able to convince you otherwise?

I ride the aliante and haven't had any issues with what you are referring to. However, I have worn some of the dye off the saddle in the area you are talking about. This is after 900 miles. I don't feel it while riding.

Kent

BdaGhisallo
12-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Kent,

Well I guess the real question I was asking was whether this was a common occurrence. Since only one side has the seam bulge like this, I would think not. I wanted to suss out whether it was worth ordering another TG Aliante and trying my luck, or if I should simply hunt down an older non-TG version.

Geoff

fierte_poser
12-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Hmmm... don't know. I can take a pic of my saddle (top view) so that you can compare yours to mine. I don't notice any asymmetry from side to side when I look at mine. But... it might be a few days before I post the pic. I'm swamped at work... hence why I'm surfing the serotta forum on Sunday night!!! :crap:

fierte_poser
12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Here are two pics. Hope these help!

Kent