PDA

View Full Version : Prologo Scratch Replacement?

Jeff Weir
06-12-2019, 06:52 PM
I've got a Prologo Scratch Pro Ti Solid that needs to be replaced. The saddle works great for me so I'd like to replace it with one of the current Prologo saddles.
Can anyone suggest the best Prologo match?

Thanks in advance!

Andy sti
06-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Cant you stick with the Scratch?

I have the carbon railed Scratch from a few years ago on one bike and the Fabric Scoop Shallow on my others, I think they feel the same.

Jeff Weir
06-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Had a shallow. Was ok but not great. Looking for the current Scratch equivalent

steelbikerider
06-12-2019, 10:32 PM
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=233033

Lewis Moon
06-13-2019, 08:11 AM
They still make the scratch. If it works, don't fix it.

skouri1
06-13-2019, 08:44 AM
I bought a Scratch 2 and am trying to get along with it, but honestly the replacement was not as straightforward as I expected.
I ride a 143, and bought the new one and I can't tell, length is slightly different, as are perhaps the markings on the rails or maybe the height of the nose relative to the rear. something is off... I hopefully will be able to sort it.

I have a 134 Nack on hand that I rode for a few months and didn't like. (I like the wider one). If you like the narrower one, let me know, as I have been trying to sell off my stock of bike parts.

Big Dan
06-13-2019, 08:59 AM
You can try a Fabric Radius if you don't find the Prologo.

Lewis Moon
06-13-2019, 09:01 AM
I bought a Scratch 2 and am trying to get along with it, but honestly the replacement was not as straightforward as I expected.
I ride a 143, and bought the new one and I can't tell, length is slightly different, as are perhaps the markings on the rails or maybe the height of the nose relative to the rear. something is off... I hopefully will be able to sort it.

I have a 134 Nack on hand that I rode for a few months and didn't like. (I like the wider one). If you like the narrower one, let me know, as I have been trying to sell off my stock of bike parts.

Saddle angle and placement really makes the saddle fit. I bought a Fabric saddle and was just about to flog it when, on a whim, I brought the nose up and pushed it back bit, and suddenly it was great. Unfortunately, because no two types of saddles have the same sweet spot that you can find by measuring, you have to experiment.

Climb01742
06-13-2019, 09:26 AM
I've got a Prologo Scratch Pro Ti Solid that needs to be replaced. The saddle works great for me so I'd like to replace it with one of the current Prologo saddles.
Can anyone suggest the best Prologo match?

Thanks in advance!

11.4 is very knowledgeable about Prologo saddles. PMing him might unearth some suggestions. He's always been very generous with his knowledge.

Duende
06-13-2019, 11:26 AM
I had the same problem. Used the scratch pro for years... still have one on my commuter.

The new scratch version has a little different profile. For me, it didn't work, because I kept moving around on it too much. Even with the CPC anti-slip.

On the suggestion of the shop where I bought my bike, I switched up and went to an Antares... Couldn't be happier. It's kind of the perfect saddle imo.