PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo Kickr Climb

tjk23
06-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has one and if so how they like it. I spend probably 5-7 hours a week on a trainer, on Zwift and just wondering if it would be worth the money.

berserk87
06-04-2019, 04:10 PM
That's a lot of time spent per week on a trainer. Regardless of which hardware you choose, it would seem to me that your time spent would merit whatever fancy doo-dad you could want.

I'd need an awfully nice trainer setup to keep me motivated for that much weekly indoor riding.

tjk23
06-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Riding indoors is the only way I can work it in to my family life. Only get to ride outdoors on the weekends, and some weeks not at all.

berserk87
06-05-2019, 07:42 AM
Yeah. I figured as much. Some folks have to deal with life circumstances and riding takes place as it can, when it can.

I'm just saying that as much time as you spend on the trainer, money spent toward making it more palatable is perhaps money well spent.

R3awak3n
06-05-2019, 07:45 AM
I really hate the trainer and anything to make it better is money well spent if I were to use it a lot. Zwift made things better for sure but still a task for me so I don't spend much time on it (and only in winter), the climb looks like a good addition if you spend that much time on the trainer

hokoman
06-05-2019, 08:12 AM
I bought one this winter, probably put 2 hours of trainer time on it before I went back to hibernation for the winter. It's a cool tool, but would I spend that money on it again? Probably not. But then again, I purchased 2 Wahoo trainers (one for my wife) and the Climb, and spent a ton of money only to use them for about 2 hours in total. My wife lasted about 3 minutes on hers! If you can justify it and you spend that much time on a trainer, I would probably buy one.

Nooch
06-05-2019, 08:26 AM
I bought one this winter, probably put 2 hours of trainer time on it before I went back to hibernation for the winter. It's a cool tool, but would I spend that money on it again? Probably not. But then again, I purchased 2 Wahoo trainers (one for my wife) and the Climb, and spent a ton of money only to use them for about 2 hours in total. My wife lasted about 3 minutes on hers! If you can justify it and you spend that much time on a trainer, I would probably buy one.

So you're saying you've got some stuff to sell, eh? ;)

hokoman
06-05-2019, 08:29 AM
So you're saying you've got some stuff to sell, eh? ;)

Story of my life, but I hate shipping stuff! Drew, you can always just drive over!

Michael Maddox
06-05-2019, 10:15 AM
I have one, and I love it! I train indoors with TrainerRoad, primarily, and DON'T use it on that system, but when I want to replace an outdoor ride, I use Rouvy. The Climb does a great job with Rouvy's ride videos and really aids my interest when on the trainer. Is it an effective training tool? Not too sure about that, though some would argue it helps engage the muscles used in climbing a little better.

Overall, it's just a neat thing that I use when I'm not doing structured work and can't get outside.

GScot
06-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Looks interesting. I haven't tried the climb but sympathize with the 5 hours a week on the trainer suffering. When we lived in STL it was necessary when the weather kept us indoors and moving back to PHX last fall I planned to never ride a trainer again.

But I've been busy enough that getting enough rides in was problematic. We bought a new Kinetic R1 smart trainer that rocks side to side. It's amazing how much better that alone makes time on the trainer. I've run through a couple of training plans on Zwift so far and I'm not having trouble with motivation to keep on track. My wife is having similar good results on the R1 and sticking with her plan as well.