PDA

View Full Version : good customer service at Bike Friday

Ken Robb
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
so a few weeks ago I bought a "pre-owned" BF which comes with the same warranty as a new one. When it arrived it was not tuned/overhauled like I expected. Their customer service folks were readily available to talk me through adjusting a 3 speed internal hub. I got the bike working pretty well b ut expressed dismay that it seemed like the previous owner had rode it hard and put itn away wet. The guy who did the pre-sale checkup is a new employee and apparently not aware of the company standards for pre-owned bikes. They encouraged me to send the bike back at their expense for either a full refund or a full overhaul. I kept it for a couple of weeks while I tweaked it into pretty good shape and rode it on/off road to be sure it would be a keeper. Then I sent it back. They not only overhauled it but painted it and installed a lovely brass head tube badge.

I got it back today and it was perfect right out of the shipping container/trailer. The invoice showed: overhaul, headset, head badge, and "free paint job for being a nice patient person".

It was pretty easy to be patient because from my first call where I expressed my complaint it was obvious they were more upset about my problems than I was and I had no doubt they would do whatever it took toi make me happy.

WOW!

BTW, my New World Tourist rides a lot like a Rivendell Saluki 650B bike due in part to its 20x1.75" tires. They do make very racy Dura Ace and Record bikes that are sub-20 pounds with skinny high psi tires for the racy folks.

gt6267a
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
thank you for posting a postive experience. it is easy to post when having a problem but i think more rare to post when everything goes right. well done.

Jeff N.
12-08-2006, 02:26 PM
So how ya like it, Ken? Jeff N.

Ken Robb
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
It rides like a nice bike--come try it yourself-- my old-guy high bars position means it will be perfect for you with the saddle raised. I'm in the book. Ken

dave thompson
12-08-2006, 04:36 PM
It rides like a nice bike--come try it yourself-- my old-guy high bars position means it will be perfect for you with the saddle raised. I'm in the book. Ken
Yeah, at 1-800-BITEME :D

Ken Robb
12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Yo Dave--it's just our size! Kevan's coming to town and after weeks of sunny 68-70ish days the weekend is supposed to be wet!! Karma?

Random
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Couldn't agree more. I have two Airfridays, suspended ti-beam models. One set up for touring, one that is much more of a sport bike. They are a joy to ride, not exactly the same as my big wheels, but just as fine a ride in their own ways. Super quality and inspired design. The little wheels climb great and carve the descents.

More importantly, they set the standard for customer support in the bike biz if you ask me. The founders are dedicated to happy customers and great design. I won't bore you recounting every detail of my interactions with them over the last 10 years, but they more than please - they delight.

Ken Robb
12-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, at 1-800-BITEME :D
Dave: I tried this number several times and it comes up with Litespeed's office number. Was there some mistake? Ken

dave thompson
12-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Dave: I tried this number several times and it comes up with Litespeed's office number. Was there soime mistake? Ken
LOL!