PDA

View Full Version : The Giro on OLN

Roy E. Munson
05-07-2004, 07:20 AM
I was just looking at the OLN broadcast schedule for the Giro this year. Live coverage from 9:30-11am ET and Weekday Repeats, 1-2:30pm ET.
An absolute stroke of brilliance!!! Air it at 9:30am when anyone with a job cannot watch, then re-broadcast it at 1:00pm so the same people who missed it the first time miss it again!!!

dave thompson
05-07-2004, 07:26 AM
I was just looking at the OLN broadcast schedule for the Giro this year. Live coverage from 9:30-11am ET and Weekday Repeats, 1-2:30pm ET.
An absolute stroke of brilliance!!! Air it at 9:30am when anyone with a job cannot watch, then re-broadcast it at 1:00pm so the same people who missed it the first time miss it again!!!
Not if you have a Microsoft Ultimate TV or TIVO, two of the greatest inventions other than DKS!

Bruce H.
05-07-2004, 08:14 AM
at Christmas time. Best toy ever. Set it and forget it > It does it all. And to boot..I got 3 years free subscription vs 12?mo or so for Tivo.
The best parts are that you can watch a baseball or football game in 15 minutes. Also you can do instant replay at any time while watching a show live!
Definitely worth the investment.
Bruce H.

Russell
05-07-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm old school; video tape

JohnS
05-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I guess that OLN doesn't want to preempt the rodeo. :confused:
By the way, whatever happened to the hiking and bacpacking shows they used to run? After all, they do have Outdoor in their title.

Climb01742
05-07-2004, 10:16 AM
i miss kirsten's tight sweater. i'm such a lowlife.

Ozz
05-07-2004, 11:07 AM

That makes it 6:30 to 8:00 Pacific Time...perfect!!

(I better check the listings to confirm... ;) )

SteveE
05-07-2004, 11:10 AM
... move to the West Coast! Then you can wake up, fix a cup o' java, and watch the race before going to work! Or if you are unemployed, you get to watch the race and still get out for a nice ride at 8am. :)

Madship
05-07-2004, 12:15 PM
If you have Tivo, make sure you've scheduled bonus time for the mountain stages.

alembical
05-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Anyone from around Portland have OLN and plan on taping the race. I would love to see it. I have to work while it is shown and I dont have OLN either, but would much appreciate borrowing someones tapes after they are done. Can trade beer, coffee, or music....or if anyone wants company to watch the tapes....

Alembical

Ozz
05-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I guess that OLN doesn't want to preempt the rodeo. :confused:
By the way, whatever happened to the hiking and bacpacking shows they used to run? After all, they do have Outdoor in their title.

As they get more popular and have more cash to spend, they don't have to go after the cheap programming. The rodeo probably draws a bigger audience for them.

Maybe they'll start showing NASCAR soon? They still drive outdoors, right?

BTW - I always enjoyed Aussie football...don't watch ESPN much anymore.

soulspinner
05-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Im with Climb, although its not the sweater per say, it could be any tight garment in that hors category area...

victoryfactory
05-08-2004, 08:40 PM
after seeing Roy's post, I fired off a biting, strongly worded, devistating e-mail to OLN. How about one less fishing show fer gosh sakes! I don't get it anyway, They spend all day in some swampy backwater (you can usually see the smoke stacks and old tires and shopping carts in the background when the cameraman pans around) AND THEN AFTER THEY FINALLY HOOK ONE,THEY THROW THE DAMN THING BACK IN THE WATER!!!
yikes!
I guess I just don't get it after being a vegetarian for the last 35 years.

Victory Factory, who went out and got TIVO on friday. OLN can disregard my stupid e-mail.

PS: I got to watch the prologue at 7 pm, How about Cipo's skin suit? That's gonna cost him a few swiss francs. Phil said he looked like he rolled in cow poop. ha ha

H.Frank Beshear
05-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey VF ever heard Robert Earl Keans version of this tune? The live version is best. If you haven't its worth checking out. I fish and understand catch and release better than I understand vegeterians :rolleyes: sorry I have a 9 year old, one of twins who said the other night; "Well at least I'm not a vegitarian...yet." ;) No doubt she will be, sooner than later :p Her twin is a definate carnivore, and no they are not identical :D I still wish we got more cycling on OLN cause I'd rather bike than fish :beer: :banana: :D Take care Frank

Climb01742
05-09-2004, 05:53 AM
ozz, check out fox sports channel. lots of aussie rules football. rugby too. i watch a bunch of soccer/football on it. tons of english premiere league games. go gunners! about oln...what a strange bunch of programming...i watch every second of cycling they have...and not a second of anything else...could anything be more boring than a fishing show?...i can see why people might like TO fish, but watching someone else fish...its like watching someone else eat breakfast.

victoryfactory
05-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Yo Frank;
Although I am a veg, I have no problem with those who choose to hunt, fish or eat meat. It's just a habit I picked up in the old hippie days.

VF, who is not a fundamentalist and who hopes that whoever finally captures me has a "catch and release" program....

Dekonick
05-09-2004, 08:28 PM
I found that OLN does show great cycling... but at the worst times. I bought a replay TV ( I like them better than TIVO because of tech. reasons... PM me if you want info) and now never miss any cycling events. Its nice to ride outside, then come in and shower - and while stretching after riding... watch the latest cycling offering from OLNTV.... worth the few hundred bucks they cost - and you will end up watching less TV too!

Man - its frustrating to ride with friends who are in MUCH better condition than you are! - oh well.... guess its back to the base miles again...

Keep rolling!

:)