PDA

View Full Version : Scam Site Listing Speedvagen @ $799.99

kbone
05-19-2019, 10:34 PM
https://lilyshops.com/?product=speedvagen-gtfo-ready-made-bike

Anyone know the guys at Speedvagen? I sent something to Speedvagen via a contact form but it may go unnoticed. They should know about this.

tsarpepe
05-19-2019, 10:40 PM
It was pretty cheap even before the "sale".

jtakeda
05-19-2019, 11:54 PM
PM user “crankles”

I’ll also send this to a buddy and he can text Sacha

Jmj2323
05-20-2019, 05:48 AM
Three stock sizes and no drop down to pick a size. I guess I’ll roll the dice and hope a 58 shows up ;)

soulspinner
05-20-2019, 05:59 AM
with Enve and Chris king parts ( labeled?) no less.

peanutgallery
05-20-2019, 06:15 AM
What kind of hipster lifestyle machine is that?

Where do you put the hula hoop

charliedid
05-20-2019, 06:25 AM

Now Grandpa we told you to relax and have a seat in the easy chair. I'll bring you the sports page and a Coors Light.

charliedid
05-20-2019, 06:28 AM
https://lilyshops.com/?product=speedvagen-gtfo-ready-made-bike

Anyone know the guys at Speedvagen? I sent something to Speedvagen via a contact form but it may go unnoticed. They should know about this.

Not sure what you can do about someone not selling your product. I mean it's wrong and all but is it in any way really affecting Speedvagen? If it was real grey market a dozen or so people here would already own one! :banana:

GonaSovereign
05-20-2019, 06:47 AM
Not sure what you can do about someone not selling your product. I mean it's wrong and all but is it in any way really affecting Speedvagen? If it was real grey market a dozen or so people here would already own one! :banana:

It diminishes the SV brand, for starters. (And IMHO SVs are nice, but really rely on their brand as the differentiator.)

Thos photos probably belong to someone else, who paid to have them shot. SV or someone paid to have the copy written.

Plenty of theft going on there.

The only really interesting this is Lilyshops’ address is listed as 195 Howard St, American Falls,ID. I expected something farther afield.

There are a couple businesses listed there. Maybe a local PLer can do a ride-by...

madsciencenow
05-20-2019, 07:18 AM
It diminishes the SV brand, for starters. (And IMHO SVs are nice, but really rely on their brand as the differentiator.)

Thos photos probably belong to someone else, who paid to have them shot. SV or someone paid to have the copy written.

The only really interesting this is Lilyshops’ address is listed as 195 Howard St, American Falls,ID. I expected something farther afield.

There are a couple businesses listed there. Maybe a local PLer can do a ride-by...

The fact that this is “local” makes enforcement of SVs copyrights in those pics a possibility. I presume SV has a registered trademark on the Speedvagen name which upon learning of this would likely incur some obligation on them to shut this down. Ultimately, it prolly ends up costing SV more than it’s worth, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biker72
05-20-2019, 07:18 AM
Domain registered in Panama.

charliedid
05-20-2019, 07:31 AM

Sure and I don’t disagree. It’s just that they don’t care and will move on to some other product to try and scam with. I think this is less a problem for a Speedvagen than say fashion or actual knock off electronics. Diluting the brand only happens when the potential buyers are actually aware of the brand. Go stand on the street and ask a thousand people and nobody will know who you are talking about.

Nobody is riding around on a knock off Speedvagen. Not yet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charliedid
05-20-2019, 07:37 AM
Here is the business :-)

joosttx
05-20-2019, 10:01 AM
now grandpa we told you to relax and have a seat in the easy chair. I'll bring you the sports page and a coors light.

p.o.d.

GonaSovereign
05-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Diluting the brand only happens when the potential buyers are actually aware of the brand. Go stand on the street and ask a thousand people and nobody will know who you are talking about.

Fair point!

macaroon
05-20-2019, 12:40 PM

It's a clown bike!

charliedid
05-20-2019, 02:36 PM
It's a clown bike!

Cool, I'm a clown.

peanutgallery
05-20-2019, 07:30 PM
I'd bounce it off your head and make you grab me a real beer...not a water. Kidneys are good

Now Grandpa we told you to relax and have a seat in the easy chair. I'll bring you the sports page and a Coors Light.