PDA

View Full Version : 1" fork for a Seven ti?

Miljack
05-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Hi all,
looking around for a 1" fork to replace the Reynolds Ouzo on my Seven ti road bike. Any ideas?

mhespenheide
05-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Columbus minimal.

zap
05-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Old school......Wound Up.

Black Dog
05-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Hi all,
looking around for a 1" fork to replace the Reynolds Ouzo on my Seven ti road bike. Any ideas?

The ouzo is a great fork, unless it is trashed you will not get a better fork in 1 inch.

woodworker
05-14-2019, 11:47 AM
I have a 1" Wound-Up for that came with my Seven. I'm not using it, so if you want it for the cost of shipping, please let me know. It's pretty much new and unused, as I went with a Serotta F3 (I think) instead.

tuscanyswe
05-14-2019, 11:48 AM
I have a 1" Wound-Up for that came with my Seven. I'm not using it, so if you want it for the cost of shipping, please let me know. It's pretty much new and unused, as I went with a Serotta F3 (I think) instead.

Thats really generous of you. May good karma fall in your lap sir.

woodworker
05-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Thanks. Hope that it does, but it's better to see the stuff in use by others.

arik
05-14-2019, 11:51 AM

Wow nice guy!

Miljack
05-15-2019, 05:24 AM

Wow, That's very generous woodworker! I'll send a PM.
My Reynolds looks fine, but I read an article recently about failing carbon components and it got me thinking....

Cheers!

tsarpepe
05-15-2019, 10:38 PM

Kudos!

Miljack
06-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Thanks again to woodworker, the fork arrived safely due to the very diligent packaging job! I will take it to my LBS to have the lower crown installed for my headset and cut a little to length for my setup. The fork is beautiful and will work for my bike!
Monies on the way along with my gratitude!

woodworker
06-06-2019, 04:50 PM
No problem. It has far more value to you than me. Enjoy it.

prototoast
06-06-2019, 05:28 PM
My Reynolds looks fine, but I read an article recently about failing carbon components and it got me thinking....

Cheers!

Stories about failing "carbon forks" are almost always forks with carbon blades bonded to an aluminum steerer, and the failure is with the bond between the carbon an aluminum, not with the carbon itself. Then "carbon fiber" components get blamed, even though the key to increasing safety is more carbon fiber, not less.

gintas_ce
06-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Stories about failing "carbon forks" are almost always forks with carbon blades bonded to an aluminum steerer, and the failure is with the bond between the carbon an aluminum, not with the carbon itself. Then "carbon fiber" components get blamed, even though the key to increasing safety is more carbon fiber, not less.

thats true, but i also seen some failures when it was full carbon, i mean with carbon steerer too. seen one case when it snapped right off with the stem

sasquatch16
06-10-2019, 11:08 AM
That is a great fork. I have a lot of miles on my Seven and I weigh 250.