PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story for you...

BURCH
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Work has really slowed down and I figured that I would tell you all a humorous story.

This past spring, my wife and I went on a week long trip. When we leave our house for that period of time, we leave a key with a friend to check in on the place and water plants and such (no pets to worry about). Anyhow, we get back to town late at night and pretty much unpack and go to bed. Before hitting the hay, I ask my wife if she wants to do a ride before work with me the next day and she agrees and so the alarm is set...

I wake up and go down to the garage where my wife has already beaten me to getting her bike out to the driveway. I see that my Serotta is not in its "spot" and figure that she has put it outside already. Nope. She claims to not have touched it.

Thinking that she is just joking with me, I saw "ha ha where did you put the bike?". She looks dumbfounded and claims innocence. I still don't believe her so I walk around the house thinking she hid it to be funny. No bike and I start to get nervous. :confused: We just moved into the house and area a couple of weeks before and never changed the locks and really don't know the town that well as far as crime rate. The garage is pretty secluded and easy to break in if someone would want to take bikes or tools so I start to panic. Thinking that someone took the bike.

My wife is now concerned and we are both wondering how is this possible and why would someone come in and not touch any other bike or tool. The bike is a Serotta and easily identifiable as expensive, but so are other objects in the garage. It didn't look like any forced entry occurred, but the bike was gone and I definitely left it there.

Thinking that my bike is stolen, I started to breakdown when my wife starts with some questions...Where was the bike when we left...Did you move it to the basement...would our friend play a joke on you...

And then it hits me...

:banana:

I left it at the local shop for a tune up the day before we left. I completely forgot. What a moron. Funny thing is that I did it specifically because I was nervous about leaving the bike in a new house with the easily accessible garage for a week. I figured that the bike would be safer at the shop, but forgot that I did it.

I ended up riding that morning except on my mtn bike and killing myself to keep up with my wife on her road bike. I considered it my punishment for creating panic early one May morning. ;)

P.S.
Since this event we have installed some better security measures in the garage for piece of mind.

coylifut
12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
that's like a panick wallet check, but with a bike.

gasman
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
AKA ---Stationary,leg pumping, heart pounding panic.

good story

fogrider
12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
better to forget you left the bike at the shop than to forget you left it on your roof rack as you hit the remote...

Kevan
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
about your bike shop...