PDA

View Full Version : [FOUND] WTB: Right speedplay zero body (blue)

cgolvin
05-06-2019, 12:51 PM
[edit] OP came through as usual, problem solved.

Just on the off chance that someone has one of these lying around…

I have a pair of blue Speedplay zero pedals but the right hand bearings are shot, hoping someone out there has the mirror image problem.

Or maybe you have the full pedal, that's fine too.

thanks

Bentley
05-06-2019, 01:02 PM
I think you can buy the bodies on EBay, not sure that you can get a specific color, but work a try

Bentley
05-06-2019, 01:05 PM
On EBay right now

cgolvin
05-06-2019, 02:34 PM
On EBay right now

In fact there's a blue right as well that I'm watching, just thought I'd ask here first. Thanks.

muz
05-06-2019, 02:39 PM
I am a little confused. If these are like Speedplay X, the bearings have nothing to do with the body. There are two cartridge bearings and one needle bearing per pedal. They are really easy to replace; if the needle bearing has gone bad for a long time it may have damaged the spindle.

cderalow
05-06-2019, 02:49 PM
spindles can be bought separately too.

the fact that they are for the most part completely user serviceable is why i like speedplay.

oldpotatoe
05-07-2019, 10:09 AM
Just on the off chance that someone has one of these lying around…

I have a pair of blue Speedplay zero pedals but the right hand bearings are shot, hoping someone out there has the mirror image problem.

Or maybe you have the full pedal, that's fine too.

thanks

The wee cart bearings? I have those..$ of shipping..

cgolvin
05-07-2019, 11:47 AM
I am a little confused. If these are like Speedplay X, the bearings have nothing to do with the body. There are two cartridge bearings and one needle bearing per pedal. They are really easy to replace; if the needle bearing has gone bad for a long time it may have damaged the spindle.

Yes, I was being lazy -- the pedal body I have is fine, at least one of the bearings is not (and the spindle is in good shape, it came from another pair). My problem is that I can't assess which of the bearings is shot because I've never been able to remove the c-clip that liberates the body from the bearings. I guess that I need to either purchase the c-clip tool or take the body to my LBS...unless there is another way to get the c-clip off.

The wee cart bearings? I have those..$ of shipping..

Let me figure out the disassembly, assess which bearings need replacement, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks.