PDA

View Full Version : Campy technical question

achurch
05-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Finally move to 11. Went to put a 11 speed cassette on a white industries 10speed hub and the internal flange of the cassette hits the hub. Since I don't want to run a fixed gear:no:, anyone have success using a spacer between the cassette and the hub, and, if yes, how wide did you need it to be?

Thanks!

Laifer69
05-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Didn’t have any luck with a Campagnolo cassette and spacer but a Miche 11 speed cassette seems to work on mine.

Hub is a H1 from very many years ago and the cassette is a Miche Primato 12-27.

I don’t quite know why the cassette fits: I stumbled upon this by accident with what I had lying around.

Worth a punt if all else fails?

dbh
05-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Finally move to 11. Went to put a 11 speed cassette on a white industries 10speed hub and the internal flange of the cassette hits the hub. Since I don't want to run a fixed gear:no:, anyone have success using a spacer between the cassette and the hub, and, if yes, how wide did you need it to be?

Thanks!

Assuming it's an H1 hub, it likely won't work. You'll need a later generation H2/3 hub.

oldpotatoe
05-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Assuming it's an H1 hub, it likely won't work. You'll need a later generation H2/3 hub.

What he said, you can try a 1mm spacer under the cogset but adequate lockring threads being engaged a potential issue or chain hitting the frame in highest gear.

achurch
05-06-2019, 01:47 PM
Sounds like the best/only solution. Anyone else confirm?

Didn’t have any luck with a Campagnolo cassette and spacer but a Miche 11 speed cassette seems to work on mine.

Hub is a H1 from very many years ago and the cassette is a Miche Primato 12-27.

I don’t quite know why the cassette fits: I stumbled upon this by accident with what I had lying around.

Worth a punt if all else fails?

cmg
05-06-2019, 03:49 PM
i believe white industries sells a spacers for their hubs. get a set of 1mm thick spacers.

tuscanyswe
05-06-2019, 03:55 PM
assuming this is white industires h2 or maybe even h1?
I believe there was a hack where you used a really small spacer on the inside of the body so you put it on before the body. That way it just cleared an 11s cassette. The spacer was not large enough to make the hub interfere with "most" frames.

Believe maybe ergott or someone knows more.

kramnnim
05-06-2019, 06:52 PM
I believe there was a hack where you used a really small spacer on the inside of the body so you put it on before the body. That way it just cleared an 11s cassette. The spacer was not large enough to make the hub interfere with "most" frames.

I did this for an American Classic hub. Forumite oliver1850 was kind enough to turn some special shims for me. Had to Dremel the back side of the largest sprocket as well.

Laifer69
05-06-2019, 11:12 PM

That sounds like a splendid idea. Another washer (or two) like that in Fig 11 in the service instructions perhaps?

http://0104.nccdn.net/1_5/30d/138/249/REAR_HUB_ADJUSTMENT.pdf

kramnnim
05-07-2019, 06:23 AM
Yes, add a "thrust washer"

Though, with this hub design, the pawls will not engage with the notches as much...