PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Price This Merckx and Weigle

Peter P.
05-04-2019, 05:02 PM
I met a guy who's not too bike savvy, but he's got these two bikes that are virtually unridden. The Eddy Merckx, while in excellent condition, is too small to have widespread appeal and the Victory or Triomphe group ain't too hot either. The Weigle is his wife's/ex-wife's, and is built with 650c wheels. Both bikes are silly clean and for all practical purposes have seen little sunshine or miles.

The owner ordered and picked up the Merckx directly from the factory, got the tour (with photos!), and still has the original order sheet. He even has a couple pair of bibs and a jersey.

Anyway, I told him I'd see what they're worth on the used market.

Look at the photos, ask questions, and help me price these. I realize the photos aren't too detailed, but I didn't take them and I'm just looking for ballpark pricing ideas.

Sorry if I put these in the wrong sub-forum.

TDot
05-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Those are super small rides but if they're pristine, that counts for something. In terms of the Merckx, it looks like a Corsa and given the friction shifters maybe a late 80s model? You can check the serial # from the BB on cadre.org to be sure. I'm gonna throw this out there but if I were looking for a cool vintage road bike for my wife or daughter, I'd be willing to pay somewhere around $650-750 depending on groupset/wheels, etc. It looks like the group is Campy Victory? Just me spitballing. GLWS!

NateM
05-04-2019, 07:23 PM
do you have st and tt c-c measures on the Weigle?

Peter P.
05-04-2019, 08:34 PM

I contacted the owner via e-mail (We met through a craigslist purchase). We'll see if he replies.

Peter P.
05-05-2019, 07:58 PM

The owner contacted me and said he no longer has access to the bike; it's in the hands of his ex-wife, many states away. He also says the bike was only ridden 2 or 3 times, tops...