PDA

View Full Version : Seeking frame info

Dredd
12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
A friend is looking at purchasing a Roman Hermann frame and he asked me what I know about this bike. Since this frame predates me, does anybody here know of it? Specifically is it made by Colnago? And it is supposed to have a special braze on for a specific front derailer, Simplex; can a standard clamp on front derailer be used? Any other info is also welcome.

Thanks

atmo
12-04-2006, 08:29 AM
hermann is an ex all-universe six day racer that set
up shop in lichtenstein 15?? years ago and is a major
colnage re-seller on the continent. his own frames have
also been rebadged 'nagos, and they have come from
other makers too. there's no real way to know for sure
unless you saw the truck deliver it to roman's.

sspielman
12-04-2006, 08:36 AM
A friend is looking at purchasing a Roman Hermann frame and he asked me what I know about this bike. Since this frame predates me, does anybody here know of it? Specifically is it made by Colnago? And it is supposed to have a special braze on for a specific front derailer, Simplex; can a standard clamp on front derailer be used? Any other info is also welcome.

Thanks

Is the Simplex FD braze-on a single threaded hole...sort of like a single bottle fitting? That is the type with which I am familiar. If it is, you will probably need to locate the proper derailleur. Usually the fitting location interferes with the placement of a regular clamp. Those derailleurs are pretty rare. In addition to Simplex, they were also sold by Edco and Gipiemme (an maybe others)...this may aid your ebay search....