PDA

View Full Version : Help with value of Bianchis

oliver1850
04-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Still trying to come up with pricing to help a friend's widow sell some of his bikes. Here are a couple of 80s steel bikes that I took pics of earlier in the week. Sorry about the quality but there was a storm coming through and I didn't want to take the bikes outside. First is a 59 cm Campione del Mondo. Mostly NR, the Triomphe crank is mine. The pictured SR crank goes with the bike. I loaned Tim the 35/48 Triomphe as he was signed up for Eroica CA, which he never got to do. Hubs are Maillard with Mavic Module E clinchers and Challenge Paris Roubaix 27s. I think this pair of wheels was normally on the other bike. There is a nice pair of tubulars (Nisi or Ambrosio) with NR hubs in the basement.

oliver1850
04-27-2019, 12:22 PM
This Campione is a 61 cm. It's a bit dirty and has several paint chips but would clean up nicely I think.

alancw3
04-27-2019, 01:27 PM
I wasn't going to respond to your feeler but then I said why not. so first off I have owned several "premium production steel lugged bikes" from that era. I am going to give you my best guess with a caveat that it needs to me someone who wants or collects Bianchi. the first bike $700- $900 if you put the nuevo record wheels on it. the second bike $500-$700. again that is if you find a Bianchi collector out there that wants these bikes. otherwise take another 10-20% off. imho that is the current market. you might consider recommending to the widow to part out the bikes but that in it self is a pain with all the listing, packaging and shipping. so what is your thinking as to what the bikes are worth? having asking others for their opinion. again like I said a Bianchi is going to be a tough sell so my 10-20% reduction of guesstimates could be extremely optimistic.

mhespenheide
04-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Respectfully, the only real way to check value is to go on eBay and take an average of "sold" listings.

That said, there's been a general long-term decline in the value of older steel frames (unless you're in an area where Eroica has perked up the interest). While Bianchis are nice bikes, they don't tend to command the interest of Colnago, De Rosa, Merckx, etc. I'd guess that @alncw3's estimates are on the high side and that you might see substantially less than that. I base that only on the fact that I browse local CL postings regularly and see tall vintage bikes going unsold for months or even a year or more.

ultraman6970
04-27-2019, 05:25 PM
3 tubi... in real good shape... 500 tops? maybe 350 at CL? If is your size and you dont have one, plus want to help your friends wife I would buy it for 600... just because of the cause.

Spaghetti Legs
04-27-2019, 05:31 PM
The vintage bike market, unfortunately if you’re selling, is in the toilet right now. The first one is the nicer one. Tretubi is second tier tubeset but the pantograph crank, nice fork crown add value. Maybe $750 or 800. If she wants to sell it quickly $550. The second one about $400-450.

oliver1850
04-27-2019, 11:43 PM
3 tubi... in real good shape... 500 tops? maybe 350 at CL? If is your size and you dont have one, plus want to help your friends wife I would buy it for 600... just because of the cause.

For the bike or the frameset? Seems to me $350 would be a give away price for a bike this nice.

I've so far resisted the temptation to get involved as a buyer. Just makes the whole situation more complicated. If it gets to the point that we have to list the bikes on ebay starting at $.99 I will be bidding on them.

mtechnica
04-28-2019, 12:22 AM
500-700 for the first one 250-450 for the second one as is IMO

ultraman6970
04-28-2019, 02:59 AM
Mark... i do get your point about ebay because makes you feel bad. but ive seen a couple of cases like that and honestly the widows usually arent attached to the bikes at all... she might just want them off the house asap...

I do not think you have to take advantage of her but if some fit the bill and you have the dough make her an offer.

For the record I did not notice the second bike... but yeah... market is bad for selling and actually had been like that for a few years already... again, too much offer in the market, people has way too many choices and buy used w/o warranty is not something many have in mind unless you are a forumite.

THe thing about ebay is that probably the bikes will end up in the prices we are talking about and after the fees they will end up in the low teer some are telling about.

Here in my area CL have a few of those bianchis (not as nice as yours) and they wont sell for the numbers they want at all, all had been there easy 6 months being listed.

It would be a good time for you to have a conversation with the widow because any number hubby said they worth is not the street value, heck we all say numbers to wives that arent even close to what we can get our stuff...cruel reality.