PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Ti X hubs sp?

Tony
04-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Any here own or have experience with this hub? Made in Italy, light, and Fairwheel speaks highly of it. However, they did also with the Tune mag 170 and now no longer sell it due do flange cracking.

Seamus
04-22-2019, 12:52 PM
I have a set; I generally use them as my summer wheels. Purchased from Fairwheel in summer '17 and have had no issues. The finish on my silver hubs is a little "plasticky"/hard to clean but that's only on close inspection--they look good from more than a foot or two away. I'd probably just get black the next time though.

Loud freehub noise in my experience, just fyi.

Tony
04-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Thanks Seamus, I went ahead and purchased the hub (flat black) from Fairwheel. It's replacing a rear hub off a bontrager aeolus pro 3 wheelset that was a take off i got a good deal on. The rear hub that came on the aeolus did not spin smoothly, had drag and no way to adjust the preload on the bearings. Regarding the sound Fairwheel states they were able to significantly reduce the noise of the Carbon-Ti freehub using DT Swiss Star Ratchet Grease or greases such as Slick Honey.

Onion
04-26-2019, 01:14 PM
i just picked up a wheelset from PL member Muffin Man that were built around these hubs. I have only ridden about 70 miles, but so far so good. got that loud buzz if you're into that.

NoMoreParagon
04-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Great company and great subset. disco hubs are still lil behind cause they don't have center lock. however rim brake hubs are top notch. you will love them

oldpotatoe
04-27-2019, 07:36 AM
Any here own or have experience with this hub? Made in Italy, light, and Fairwheel speaks highly of it. However, they did also with the Tune mag 170 and now no longer sell it due do flange cracking.

Just recently built 3 wheelsets using these..supplied by customer but they 'seem' really nice, way easy to dis-assemble.

Tony
04-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Just recently built 3 wheelsets using these..supplied by customer but they 'seem' really nice, way easy to dis-assemble.

That's good new!

jpritchet74
04-27-2019, 09:48 AM
I have a set of these hubs that FWB built to a set of FSE35 carbon clinchers. I have had then for a couple of years and for most of that time they have been my daily wheels. Absolutely no complaints at all. Great wheels / hubs.

billspreston
04-27-2019, 05:00 PM
To echo everyone else's comments, I use these hubs on the road and gravel disc and they've been great - no issues. Have a buddy who weighs 200 lbs who uses them exclusively without issue. Freewheel is indeed LOUD.

Great company and great subset. disco hubs are still lil behind cause they don't have center lock. however rim brake hubs are top notch. you will love them

They've got centerlock hubs available now (24h only so far). :banana:

88g Front, 181g Rear

http://www.carbon-ti.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/1024x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/x/-/x-hub_sp_center_lock_x-12_24_matte_black_003.jpg