PDA

View Full Version : Any Paceliners out there doing Rasputitsa next week?

GParkes
04-21-2019, 06:54 PM
I rarely do stuff like Rasputitsa (true roadie here), but signed up for it last year to join a few friends. They say it's a blast, good party, and *** it's good training. Let me know if you'll be there, I'd like to meet a fellow Paceliner.

GP

molly47
04-21-2019, 07:31 PM
yes my 4 th year and pretty excited..Should be a fun time.

GParkes
04-22-2019, 05:52 AM
yes my 4 th year and pretty excited..Should be a fun time.

PM me and I'll give you my contact info. Would be cool to meet another Paceliner that's crazy enough to do this. GP

Jsafran
04-22-2019, 08:01 AM
I will be there, always my favorite event of the year. The course just dropped this morning and its a few miles longer than usual.

Looks from the course markings there's going to be some intense hike-a-bike. Cyberia is usually mountain top for short segements and its marked as a 1.3 mile segment at low elevation plus two mountain tops that are going to be pretty snowy.

This is going to be fun!

GParkes
04-22-2019, 11:42 AM
I will be there, always my favorite event of the year. The course just dropped this morning and its a few miles longer than usual.

Looks from the course markings there's going to be some intense hike-a-bike. Cyberia is usually mountain top for short segements and its marked as a 1.3 mile segment at low elevation plus two mountain tops that are going to be pretty snowy.

This is going to be fun!

I have so many different combinations of clothing packed it's ridiculous. But, that's why I'm looking forward to it. Send me a note to meet up.

GP

Jsafran
04-22-2019, 03:58 PM
I have so many different combinations of clothing packed it's ridiculous. But, that's why I'm looking forward to it. Send me a note to meet up.

GP

If I have learned anything over the past few years, your always going to be way warmer than you expect. The four mile climb up victory road is going to warm up everyone. Expect to get wet and muddy and you wont be disappointed. My Gabba Jersey has never let me down.

-Jesse

superbowlpats
04-22-2019, 04:41 PM
Will be my first time. I'm expecting lots of mud given the snow this winter and now rain and warmer temps up there this week. Route was released today

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29732246

GParkes
04-22-2019, 07:49 PM
Will be my first time. I'm expecting lots of mud given the snow this winter and now rain and warmer temps up there this week. Route was released today

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29732246

Four of us Paceliners so far, group pic may be in order. Looks like a wet and wild day Saturday.

Jsafran
04-23-2019, 10:26 AM
I hope to get up there early enough Friday to do some recon around 4. Last year they disguised the surprised ending until the morning of so no one knows how the ride finishes.

Saturday post-ride picture could be good.

Andreas
04-23-2019, 03:07 PM
I live 40 minutes south. Still snow in the woods and the dirt roads are a few weeks behind from were they were last year. Rutted and deep mud.

Plan on walking some or bring a fat bike.

morrisericd
04-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Last year I was one of the first 100 or so that was lucky enough to walk an extra mile or so though the snow as the route was mis-marked. Just because it's Spring where you live doesn't mean the snow's gone in Northern Vermont!

One of the best races anywhere! Good luck and have fun!

superbowlpats
04-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Rutted and deep mud.

Plan on walking some or bring a fat bike.

Just installed a rear fender on my CX bike. running 40c vittoria mix. probably using a camelback vice bottles since i hear the bottles can get pretty muddy.

and Im bringing just about every piece of kit to give me options when i get there

Lewis Moon
04-25-2019, 09:02 PM
This guy is:https://www.velonews.com/2019/04/gravel/qa-why-lars-boom-is-heading-to-vermont-for-the-rasputitsa-gravel-race_493007

4Rings6Stars
04-25-2019, 10:02 PM
I'll be there with fellow paceliner Bertleman.

I will be in the broomwagon start wave... I have a total of ~20 miles riding under my belt since the fall. This will be interesting!

oldpotatoe
04-26-2019, 07:10 AM
This guy is:https://www.velonews.com/2019/04/gravel/qa-why-lars-boom-is-heading-to-vermont-for-the-rasputitsa-gravel-race_493007

Yup, Lars Boom and why..interesting...and team big-wigs say OK too..

Jsafran
04-26-2019, 08:03 AM

Crap I thought I had a chance this year....

GParkes
04-26-2019, 09:37 AM
I'll be there with fellow paceliner Bertleman.

I will be in the broomwagon start wave... I have a total of ~20 miles riding under my belt since the fall. This will be interesting!

Given the weather, no broomwagon........... squeegee wagon!!!

GregL
04-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Given the weather, no broomwagon........... squeegee wagon!!!
...and possibly a snow shovel wagon...

Greg

Jsafran
04-27-2019, 02:58 PM
Hope everyone had a great time. Rasputitsa once again lived up to the hype. It was definitely the coldest Rasputitsa I’ve been to even with way less snow, but per usual I suffer and will sign up again for next year.

-Jesse

efixler
04-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Cross Mountain Crusher, also today, was also verrry brutally cold. Hail on your face while going downhill is quite painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3awak3n
04-27-2019, 03:46 PM
Cross Mountain Crusher, also today, was also verrry brutally cold. Hail on your face while going downhill is quite painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The snowed kept up the whole ride. Made for a pretty epic ride.

Maybe next year they won't both be on the same date and I can do both. I will definitely be back at CMC though.

superbowlpats
04-28-2019, 02:42 PM
Just got home a few hours ago. My first Rasputitsa. I finished, while everyone else I went with did not. Started wet, got cold, then biting snow made it hard to see on the downhills. I played it safe while lots of crazy types bombed the downhills. Cold hands were the worst part. cyberia was not that bad. worst climb was the last one at pinkham rd, mile 38 or so. that sucker went on forever :eek:

Say Lars Boom at the party on Friday night.

Jsafran
04-28-2019, 04:57 PM
Lars Boom claims he did not get cold yesterday so I’m spending how ever long it takes to find out. He did not respond to my friends tweet asking.

Cycling cap ftw on those descents, I was probably one of the crazies. Having done one other rainy cold Rasputitsa I learned glasses will not last more than 5 minutes in the mud going 40 mph downhill. That being said I think I’m still crying sand...

GParkes
04-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Sad to say I didn't fare as well as others. Front canti crapped out. Those down hills with one freezing cold hand on a brake was a recipe for disaster. Baled and took forever to get back. Sorry I missed everyone. Still trying tofigure out what the heck I was doing there! Good ride Jesse. Way to go.

weisan
05-05-2019, 05:06 PM
https://youtu.be/UnRNDSscp5U

weisan
05-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Results
http://802timing.com/results/19results/bikeresults/4.27.19overallrasputitsa.htm#%201M

Lars Boom 6th