PDA

View Full Version : Off to get fitted for a New Serotta

05Fierte TI
12-02-2006, 10:51 AM
I am leaving shortly to be fitted for a new CDA. New bicycles are soo much fun, and I am soo much of a geek! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Big Dan
12-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Drive by Cleo's and have drink or two............ :beer:

Sandy
12-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I am leaving shortly to be fitted for a new CDA. New bicycles are soo much fun, and I am soo much of a geek! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great choice of bikes! Name change for you?

Sandy

Serotta PETE
12-02-2006, 02:45 PM
tell us abot what you selected for the complete CDA...... ;)

fierte_poser
12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
also, is this bike in addition to your existing collection? what's your motivation?

Dan Le foot
12-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Exciting stuff.
Have fun with it. :beer:
Dan

beerwillie
12-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Remember Serotta have a .6 or .7 of a centimeter above top tube. If you add a cm head tube extension it will be 1.7 cm. Selecting Seat post exposure. Measure from top of seat to the amount of exposed seat post you like. Then add 3cm. Then subtract your saddle height. This will give you seat tube length center to center. select amount of spacers under stem, say 2cm. Also have seat post setback your going to use and handle bar reach and angle of stem + or -. I find these to be the way the bike looks. When the draft comes back you know angles of top tube and seat tube angle and lengths. Then tweak draft from there.

ThasFACE
12-02-2006, 08:36 PM
also, is this bike in addition to your existing collection? what's your motivation?

Wondering the same thing.

If you're replacing your fierte, then I think that I'm on the same route as you are (switching out the fierte, that is). I'm quite fond of the way my fierte feels, I'm just not in love with the way the geometry looks. I dunno, it just hasn't grown on me the way that I had hoped; I seem to prefer less tt-slope and less ht length.

Maybe that seems like a silly reason to change bikes. I know that the way the frame's geometry _looks_ doesn't make a difference when I'm riding it, I just want to be satisfied with all aspects of my bike since I spend so much time on it... and I'm not totally satisfied. Oh well...

05Fierte TI
12-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Back from fitter and left a deposit. No final draft for the geometry yet but here is what I know at this point. I have a 60 cm TI Fierte with D/A 9 speed which fits me just fine. Little points I would like to change is to add a little stiffness to the drive train and shorten the chain stays slightly. I use a 130 cm stem and tire traction on the steep climbs can be a little issue. While I am at it, the top tube will be horizontal or nearly so to have a more traditional apperance.

As far as the geometry, here is what I am expecting at this point
20 cm head tube
58 cm top tube, 1 or 2 degrees of slope
7.5 cm bottom bracket drop
73 degree head tube and seat tube
41.5 or 42 cm chain stays
and what ever changes Serotta wants to suggest

I also had a Cannondale 2.8 with a 10 speed Ultegra drive train. Well, this frame has given up, so I have a perfectly good drive train in need of something to attach to. In part, I was looking for something different from my current bike and settled for the CDA after talking to the fitter. I liked the tunability option without spending a complete fortune.

I miss the feel of steel, so I am returning to the fold. I do not dislike the TI and will not be getting rid of my current bike, just adding to the riding options.

I may have to do something about my current name, suggestions anybody?

ThasFACE
12-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I do not dislike the TI and will not be getting rid of my current bike, just adding to the riding options.

Well, congrats on the bike.

[Preparing for exams and posting on the internet at 11 on a saturday night. Woe to the republic. If anyone wants to discuss the finer points of corporate income taxation, don't you dare think about talking to me]

Serotta PETE
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Congrats and best of luck. THe CDA is one of the best riding (for me) - as well as priced models.

but then I am a Steel or Ti lover.

PETE