PDA

View Full Version : Assistance wanted in spending some money for a bike build

belopsky
04-14-2019, 07:42 AM
I made a choice to order an Engine11 CritD road frame last night. I've never owned an aluminum bike, got an itch to build up a rocket because I have all other types of bikes.

I'm going to take most of the parts off my Gunnar Crosshairs.
Frame is meant for 25mm tires so my hope is that they'll be nice and cushy (Corsa) on my DT R460 rims, which I ordered last night from Excell sports.

Rear cassette is going to be 11-32.

Crankset is to be decided. I've got a RS500 crankset with 46/36 rings. I can't push a 50/34. 50x11 is too high of gear for me, otherwise I'd just get a groupset?

I need a front derailleur as well.

Currently have a WTB in Classifieds for a 11speed shifter set and need brakes as well.

oldpotatoe
04-14-2019, 07:46 AM
I made a choice to order an Engine11 CritD road frame last night. I've never owned an aluminum bike, got an itch to build up a rocket because I have all other types of bikes.

I'm going to take most of the parts off my Gunnar Crosshairs.
Frame is meant for 25mm tires so my hope is that they'll be nice and cushy (Corsa) on my DT R460 rims, which I ordered last night from Excell sports.

Rear cassette is going to be 11-32.

Crankset is to be decided. I've got a RS500 crankset with 46/36 rings. I can't push a 50/34. 50x11 is too high of gear for me, otherwise I'd just get a groupset?

I need a front derailleur as well.

Currently have a WTB in Classifieds for a 11speed shifter set and need brakes as well.

If ya need somebody to build wheels with those rims, let me know..:)

belopsky
04-14-2019, 07:55 AM
If ya need somebody to build wheels with those rims, let me know..:)

Thank you but they're built to some 5800 hubs