PDA

View Full Version : US TV options for Paris Roubaix?

sfscott
04-13-2019, 10:41 AM
Help pls.

oldpotatoe
04-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Help pls.

NBC gold...

You can try tiz cycling but stops, needs refresh often.

BdaGhisallo
04-13-2019, 11:38 AM
You could subscribe to Eurosport - about GBP 40 for a one year access - and use a VPN on your browser and watch the whole thing without interruption.

It was great last week for Flanders and I will be watching the same thing tomorrow morning.

kramnnim
04-13-2019, 12:17 PM
You could subscribe to Eurosport - about GBP 40 for a one year access - and use a VPN on your browser and watch the whole thing without interruption.

It was great last week for Flanders and I will be watching the same thing tomorrow morning.

This ^

I use Torguard for the VPN. It's difficult to get Eurosport to accept payment, though, doesn't like US cards.

David Kirk
04-13-2019, 12:25 PM
NBCSN is playing it on Monday at about 11:00pm mountain time.

dave

Matthew
04-13-2019, 01:41 PM
NBCSN used to cover it live. No more? Supposed to rain/snow tomorrow, was hoping to watch it and be lazy!!

pdmtong
04-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Usually the SF Rapha store shows the major races live. Parking at that time wont be a problem and it's actually pretty great to be drinking coffee and watching the race with others who know exactly what is going on.

MagicHour
04-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Looks like 1am sunday - EST. They'd broadcast it earlier but it was the only slot available after, offseason sports discussions, infomercials, auto auctions and footage of two guys playing catch :mad: but hey at least it's on.

NBCSN used to cover it live. No more? Supposed to rain/snow tomorrow, was hoping to watch it and be lazy!!

Climb01742
04-13-2019, 02:16 PM
To be fair, they have EPL and NHL playoff games to show. It’s frustrating but those sports have bigger audiences and much more invested in rights fees. Was hoping Comcast would bump it to the Olympic channel but no. Why not? Reruns of old Boston Marathons. Oy. Shows where cycling ranks.;)

DfCas
04-13-2019, 02:17 PM
NBCsports has it Monday morning at 1am. Check your local listings.

BdaGhisallo
04-13-2019, 02:59 PM

search for tiz cycling live. As Jorn mentioned, you will have to refresh it once in a while but it is fairly reliable.

Alan
04-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Visit the cyclingfans.com site. They list live streams.

http://www.cyclingfans.com/paris-roubaix/live

Some are legal and some aren't and many are geo restricted. To get around the geo restrictions download VPN software. I used Windscribe on IOS though they have software for other OS/browsers. It is free up to a certain point and worked well for me.

Last week I watched Tour of Flanders from french TV using VPN setup to servers in France and it worked well.

This week NBC sports as I have a cycling pass to watch the Tour and UCI cyclocross. It is a good deal and works very well.

Alan

choke
04-13-2019, 03:28 PM

It was great last week for Flanders and I will be watching the same thing tomorrow morning.That's no longer an option, so enjoy it while you can. Earlier this year I tried to renew my Eurosport subscription and it would not go through - they now require that your payment source be registered in the same country, in other words if you're subscribing to ES UK then the CC has to be from a UK bank.

mcteague
04-13-2019, 04:22 PM
NBCsports has it Monday morning at 1am. Check your local listings.

I set my DVR to record it. Now, I just need to avoid any spoilers all day Sunday and Monday until I get to watch it.:rolleyes:

Tim

kramnnim
04-13-2019, 04:34 PM
That's no longer an option, so enjoy it while you can. Earlier this year I tried to renew my Eurosport subscription and it would not go through - they now require that your payment source be registered in the same country, in other words if you're subscribing to ES UK then the CC has to be from a UK bank.

They take payment from PayPal.co.uk accounts

BdaGhisallo
04-13-2019, 05:21 PM
That's no longer an option, so enjoy it while you can. Earlier this year I tried to renew my Eurosport subscription and it would not go through - they now require that your payment source be registered in the same country, in other words if you're subscribing to ES UK then the CC has to be from a UK bank.

My subscription renewed on Apr 8th so I am good for another 51 weeks at least.

echappist
04-13-2019, 05:39 PM
They take payment from PayPal.co.uk accounts

and how does one set up such an account, while differentiating it from a State-side paypal account?

asindc
04-13-2019, 05:45 PM

That’s what I thought. Maybe the contract ran its course. I have my DVR set to auto record all cycling. I just assumed it was next weekend since it didn’t show up.

choke
04-13-2019, 05:47 PM
and how does one set up such an account, while differentiating it from a State-side paypal account?That's the problem...you can't without a UK address and phone number.

Edited to add: Or at least I haven't figured out a way. The address is easy enough to fake but the phone number....

Plum Hill
04-13-2019, 05:57 PM
I’ve occasionally had good luck doing a search on YouTube for live streaming.

echappist
04-13-2019, 07:17 PM
NBC gold...

You can try tiz cycling but stops, needs refresh often.

also, one has to beware that tiz will open quite a few questionable pop-up windows as well as deposit a bunch of shady cookies open accessing the site

it may be free, but it's not risk-free; use private browser mode, so that at least the cookies won't stay with you afterwards

i was trying to find replays of 2018 TdF Stage 9 (the Roubaix stage), and tiz was the only site carrying it.

kramnnim
04-13-2019, 11:48 PM
That's the problem...you can't without a UK address and phone number.

Edited to add: Or at least I haven't figured out a way. The address is easy enough to fake but the phone number....

Phone can also be fake...

Davist
04-14-2019, 05:44 AM
Tiz is working for me: https://ok.ru/live/1768166923985

Never mind just got interrupted. sorry!

OtayBW
04-14-2019, 07:02 AM
Looks like 1am sunday - EST. They'd broadcast it earlier but it was the only slot available after, offseason sports discussions, infomercials, auto auctions and footage of two guys playing catch :mad: but hey at least it's on.HAR! :cool: :cool: :cool:

spinarelli
04-14-2019, 08:32 AM
in Canada you can watch if on the sportsnet app if you have cable tv, but it's not on the tv channel

berserk87
04-14-2019, 08:52 AM
All of the doggone feeds are down right now. Aggravating.

saab2000
04-14-2019, 09:02 AM
NBC Sports Gold or whatever it’s called these days is the best money I spend every year. No commercials. Misses many races but the TV feed is excellent. Worth if for the TdF alone but there are other races as well.

berserk87
04-14-2019, 09:11 AM
NBC Sports Gold or whatever it’s called these days is the best money I spend every year. No commercials. Misses many races but the TV feed is excellent. Worth if for the TdF alone but there are other races as well.

I'd sooner pull my hair out and feed-hop every five minutes.

But seriously I will check out the NBC sports option.

saab2000
04-14-2019, 09:21 AM
I'd sooner pull my hair out and feed-hop every five minutes.

But seriously I will check out the NBC sports option.

It is excellent. Worth the money. I have a Roku and it is totally worth the money.

berserk87
04-14-2019, 04:14 PM
It is excellent. Worth the money. I have a Roku and it is totally worth the money.

Thanks. Looks like something I'm going to do. I was hopping feeds today like my dad flips channels on TV. I was able to get the vast majority of the race, including the last 10k, but what a pain.

marciero
04-14-2019, 04:51 PM
My NBC Sports Gold was still active from last year; I'd assumed it expired, but not.

Geekonbike
04-14-2019, 05:01 PM
I've been using NBC Sports Gold for the ASO stuff and then Flobikes for the other races. Both have been great for watching the races in off a non-sketchy russian feed.

Commentary however.... much better on Flobikes. NBC Sports....Bob Roll and Phil aren't great anymore.

berserk87
04-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Bob Roll and Phil aren't great anymore.

Yeah. I still enjoy Phil Liggett somewhat, but he's not what he once was. Bob Roll is awful during the live broadcast. He's much better in the booth for pre and post-race commentary. I can't figure out why Christian Vandevelde is not doing the live broadcast. Seems like he knows man of the riders personally, much better than anyone else, and he's gotten better as a speaker.

Morgul Bismark
04-14-2019, 06:10 PM
I've been using NBC Sports Gold for the ASO stuff and then Flobikes for the other races. Both have been great for watching the races in off a non-sketchy russian feed.

Commentary however.... much better on Flobikes. NBC Sports....Bob Roll and Phil aren't great anymore.

100% agreement on all of this. Thus far I've been far more impressed with Flobikes than NBC Sports Gold.

saab2000
04-14-2019, 06:50 PM
NBC’s summer Good feed has Aussie commentators. They’re excellent.

kramnnim
04-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Eurosport guys are the best.

echappist
04-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Eurosport guys are the best.

btw, did you know there were two sets of commentators last week for RvV? There's Sean "torty kilometer" Kelly on one of the on-demand feeds (labeled as ES1), and there's another set of commentators on the other feed (also ~7 hours long). Kelly's beginning to lose it a bit, and I find the other set of commentators to be more eagle-eyed

MagicHour
04-15-2019, 12:35 AM
There have been decent, no interruption streams on France3.fr for PR and Flanders with a VPN. It's in french but the footage is great and commentary enthusiastic.

fignon's barber
04-15-2019, 05:50 AM
btw, did you know there were two sets of commentators last week for RvV? There's Sean "torty kilometer" Kelly on one of the on-demand feeds (labeled as ES1), and there's another set of commentators on the other feed (also ~7 hours long). Kelly's beginning to lose it a bit, and I find the other set of commentators to be more eagle-eyed

Kelly isn't losing it that bad. His pick to win the Ronde, pre-race, was Bettiol.

echappist
04-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Kelly isn't losing it that bad. His pick to win the Ronde, pre-race, was Bettiol.

He's beginning to let a bit of Phil-lisms to crawl in. Also, he stammered a few times during de Ronde broadcast, almost as if he were tongue tied.

Still astute, just that the nearly-instantaneous reaction required may be getting a bit much. That said, I think I prefer commentary from the other former winner of Roubaix, Maggie Backstedt. Razor sharp in analysis with cogent observations. He and Matt Stephens make for a good team. Carlton Kirby just yells too much.

trener1
04-15-2019, 08:46 PM
So I am watching the NBC broadcast on my DVR, that they aired at 1am last night, what a f--n nightmare, it's a 2 hour show, the first 20 minutes are hockey.
And the kicker? they were at commercial when Gilbert and Polits attacked, this is the worst garbage I have ever seen.