PDA

View Full Version : The Forum's Biggest Loser

Bill Bove
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
O.K. guys and gals, Thanksgiving is behind us and the real meat of the eating season is about to begin :eek: Yes, it's office party time, visit Grandma's house time, there's no way around it. Cookies, eggnogg, sugerplums will all be pushed our way with the urge to eat, it's O.K. it's a party :crap: Now I don't know about you but I'm weak, you won't be hearing too many no's from me. In fact all you'll hear from me is munch, munch, munch, hmm thank you, don't mind if I do.

So for that reason I propose we initiate THE FORUM FAT TO FIT CONTEST Let's begin, say Janurary 1st, plenty of time to steal our minds to the task. We can meet here once a week to encourage each other. It'll be like a cyber jenny craig. Who's with me? We can trade tips, like where the best deal on liposuction is or how many watts you lose by bringing your weight down by chopping off a leg or arm.

Think about it, right now I've got to get out of here, there's a fruitcake with my name on it somwhere and I don't want it to get lonely.

saab2000
12-01-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm in.

Let's do a weekly poll starting Jan. 1.

I have two friends who also want weight loss so I have an incentive. My Seven riding friend in Grand Rapids is consistently stronger than I am even though 'on paper' I should be stronger than he is. I must defeat that man!!! And I will do whatever it takes to do it.

I will join the bandwagon. Need to crush all comers in DC when I get there!!!

Ginger
12-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Why weight? Why not start early and join the New Years Resolution thread and be humiliated early? You can start by watching your weight go UP and then work on getting it back down after the first.

Kevin
12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Would you belive that I currently weigh 1,000 pounds ;)

Kevin

catulle
12-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm in. I need to stop eating ice-cream and chocolate. That stuff is way more powerful than I. I am an eskimo-pie junky.

gasman
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I never met a cookie I didn't like.

harlond
12-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Why weight? Why not start early and join the New Years Resolution thread and be humiliated early? You can start by watching your weight go UP and then work on getting it back down after the first.Yep, gives me a month to gain weight--water weight if possible.

Bruce K
12-01-2006, 07:48 PM
The beef jerky loading season has begun!

BK

manet
12-01-2006, 08:00 PM
there's always cake sitting

Kevan
12-01-2006, 08:41 PM
I just lopped off my right leg and dropped off a quick 32 pounds. How's that for you bean counters, eh? Huh?! Huh?!

Weight a minute here... how'm I gonna ride my bicycle now?!

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

litespeeder3
12-01-2006, 10:18 PM
This should be really interesting. Serotta is know for catering to the fat old slow cyclist. So, I'm sure that there is a lot of poundage out there that can be lost by members of this forum. I'm still in pretty good shape in my late thirties and these are some of the things that I do to not overdue it during the Christmas holidays.

Switch from beer to wine at Christmas parties. Carb intake goes way down.

Stay away from the dessert tray at Christmas parties

Lift weights or go to the gym on those days when you cannot ride

Do some cross training such as swimming or running

These may seem obvious to most but they help me stay in shape during those cold long winters. For me it has to do with staying in shape and not gaining any weight. I dont need to lose any weight. So, I'm not going to be much of a participant in this competition.

:bike:

gasman
12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=litespeeder3]This should be really interesting. Serotta is know for catering to the fat old slow cyclist. So, I'm sure that there is a lot of poundage out there that can be lost by members of this forum. I'm still in pretty good shape in my late thirties and these are some of the things that I do to not overdue it during the Christmas holidays.

Why do you insist on insulting people you have never met ? You have some reasonable comments about watching your weight but ruin it with negative comments.
I am relatively old at 52 compared to you but I am 6'1" and weigh about 170 which is a BMI of 22-not really fat. I'm sure I am slow on a bike compared to you but I have managed to finish a double century in 10 hours. I'm sure there are forumites who would be both faster and slower than myself. Most of the forumites I have ridden with are faster than me. I'll bet there are a lot of them here who are faster than you no matter what they ride. Who cares ?
It's just plain fun to ride.
This is a great group of people here and I would love to meet and ride with any of them.

pjm
12-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Would you belive that I currently weigh 1,000 pounds ;)

Kevin
Stay away from carbon seatposts!

djg
12-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm in.

I had an extended Thanksgiving trough-fest. In honor of my wife's birthday, we went to a pretty luxe restaurant the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We chose the bargain budget little three-course option (as opposed to the 9 course tasting menu), but three courses means three plus a little amuse-bouche (eets like a joke for zee mouse) at the outset, pluse a palate cleanser later, plus a small plate of pastries and chocolates with coffee after the actual dessert course (which, in my case, featured like five different little things), plus a glass of white burgundy at the beginning, plus cab with dinner and, well, we were off and running. As my wife's actual birthday was on Monday, we had a cake that evening too, in addition to lobster bisque that was pretty lean and protein-oriented, if you don't count the cream which actually constituted most of the soup. Thanksgiving was my fault, as I prepared the festival of the carbohydrates myself. So, by week's end, a staggering 4.5 pounds. Unbelievable.

I've managed to drop that weight already, but it wouldn't kill me to drop 10 more. I'm thinking I might stick fairly close to the south beach routine, in-between holiday parties. The roads have been clear down here, wich means at least I get some time on the bike.

tbushnel
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Why do you insist on insulting people you have never met ?

word.

ergott
12-03-2006, 07:38 AM
No fair, I started already. I'm down an average of 10lbs or so. Started in early Oct. 5'9" and 178 (this morn). No wimpy cyclist upper body either. Used to bench over 200lbs.

I'll keep posted here.
I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track.

AgilisMerlin
12-03-2006, 08:00 AM
i always drink and eat too much in the winter. No big deal.

They make all that food for a reason, cause it tastes good. It provides a buffer for the temp. and it usually accompanies being around others and being social.

Just took out some frozen turkey meat from the freezer this a.m., and will happily be making a turkey pot pie this afternoon. The kind with lots of butter, peas, spinach, meat, potatoes, carrots etc............. My kind of season, and my kind of food.

i usually cut the dough reciped with half butter half shortening. My wife makes me. She is the Boss :no:

We start making chocolates next week, for christmas gifts (big family) don't get me started on that nibbling, cheating, pig out while we cook fiesta. I will make you cry in shame.

ganache, ganache, ganache, ganache.

Going to go for a mighty slow 2 hr. ride this morning.

I love this time of year. I am going to enjoy it.

AmerliN

PanTerra
12-03-2006, 09:27 AM
OK, I'm in. But first, today is our club's Christmas party at Maggianno's.