PDA

View Full Version : Beware the yellow "Twisted Tailgate Pro Tips RV Tour" yellow RV

54ny77
04-07-2019, 07:37 PM
I (along with a friend) almost got plastered today from behind, courtesy of their yellow Twisted Tea Tailgate RV & trailer combo. It's a massive setup, big diesel pusher and a 15-20' trailer behind it.

How was it a near-death experience? Texting driver, of course, who veered off the road and into the bike lane at 30+ mph.

If you're riding on the road and manage to see it coming from behind you, get out of the way. The moron behind the wheel almost killed me and a friend (who is highly decorated champ rider) as we were just riding along at a mellow pace IN THE BIKE LANE, very likely because he was on his damned phone (which we saw).

If anyone has a good in with Boston Beer Company, I'd welcome a contact via PM. Have license plate, driver description, timing & GPS coordinates, etc.

:mad:

tctyres
04-07-2019, 09:23 PM
If anyone has a good in with Boston Beer Company, I'd welcome a contact via PM. Have license plate, driver description, timing & GPS coordinates, etc.

Contact the police. Tell them what happened and ask if it's possible for them to make the phone call to the manager.

Llewellyn
04-08-2019, 02:34 AM
Contact the police. Tell them what happened and ask if it's possible for them to make the phone call to the manager.

Agreed. If the OP has that much info about the driver contact the cops. You'd like to think that would be enough for them to go and give his collar a feel.

54ny77
04-08-2019, 03:22 AM
Yep, done that already at varying levels & agencies. Thx.

oldpotatoe
04-08-2019, 07:05 AM
I (along with a friend) almost got plastered today from behind, courtesy of their yellow Twisted Tea Tailgate RV & trailer combo. It's a massive setup, big diesel pusher and a 15-20' trailer behind it.

How was it a near-death experience? Texting driver, of course, who veered off the road and into the bike lane at 30+ mph.

If you're riding on the road and manage to see it coming from behind you, get out of the way. The moron behind the wheel almost killed me and a friend (who is highly decorated champ rider) as we were just riding along at a mellow pace IN THE BIKE LANE, very likely because he was on his damned phone (which we saw).

Call the police, you need to document this..Most owners don't really like this kind of publicity..and altho not a FB person, social media goes a long way.

Ahh, see already done..now go to FB..