PDA

View Full Version : Longshot: Facilitation near Austin, TX

sokyroadie
04-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Anyone near South/Southwest Austin that can pick-up and take to a shop to ship a vintage bike? I thought the seller was willing to ship but he has changed his mind. I think he is near Wimberley, but said he would meet in south/southwest Austin.

I will be happy to compensate you for your time.

Thanks,
Jeff

texbike
04-07-2019, 04:05 PM
Hey Jeff,

Unfortunately, I'm going to be tied up for the remainder of the day and then heading out of town tomorrow morning for work. However, if the seller is willing to meet in Southwest Austin, would he be willing to drop the bike off at one of the local shops in that area? Also, there's a great shop in San Marcos that may be an option as well if that would be easier for him.

The shop in Southwest Austin is (aptly named...) Southwest Cyclesport and they're on Bee Cave Road/2244 near Highway 71. The shop in San Marcos is called The Hub Cyclery and is on the town square. Either shop would be great.

Good luck!

Texbike

sokyroadie
04-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Hey Jeff,

Unfortunately, I'm going to be tied up for the remainder of the day and then heading out of town tomorrow morning for work. However, if the seller is willing to meet in Southwest Austin, would he be willing to drop the bike off at one of the local shops in that area? Also, there's a great shop in San Marcos that may be an option as well if that would be easier for him.

The shop in Southwest Austin is (aptly named...) Southwest Cyclesport and they're on Bee Cave Road/2244 near Highway 71. The shop in San Marcos is called The Hub Cyclery and is on the town square. Either shop would be great.

Good luck!

Texbike

Looks like he is willing to take it to the Hub. I tried this route a couple of months ago and he wasn't interested. Thanks for the recommendation.:banana: