PDA

View Full Version : A world without chamois crème?

gt6267a
12-01-2006, 09:29 AM
In high school, I rode 25-40 miles a day through the summers wearing nothing but boxer shorts from the gap and umbros. I never even considered riding shorts / bibs or anything with chamois until I was deep into my 20’s. I never once had a problem with rubbing or chaffing. I never once had any discomfort. I rode this flat whack saddle that didn’t have any holes in it.

Now, my cycling kit is replete with so much wool and lycra craziness I can’t even tell you. Yesterday, I found myself without my beloved assos chamois crème. My favorite riding shorts, with the chamois of champions (especially my driveway) the etxe ondo chromatic bibs, distinctly did not disappear as usual. What has happened to my arse? Now it must have crème?

I will continue with my anti-aging rant, when finding new cycling shoes I had to try on 20 different pairs to find something that fit, if my saddle moves 1/2 a mm my knees or hips or something freaks out. If my stem is not the perfect length I swear the bike doesn’t turn right.

My body is becoming one particular and grouchy ridiculous wimp! *** is with aging. It sucks.

Kevan
12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
you don't need the stuff riding your sofa.

yet.