PDA

View Full Version : 15mm thru to 12mm Fulcrum

MrCannonCam
04-07-2019, 08:41 AM
I am looking to order a set of 27.5 wheels for my gravel bike. Came across a set of Fulcrums on closeout, cheaper than most I've seen out there. Most of these come with 15mm fronts and my fork is 12mm (very hard to find 27.5 wheels optimized for 12mm). Nowhere to contact Fulcrum direct on their site and ChainReaction was no help. Anyone have a contact at Fulcrum? I know ProblemSolvers makes a "universal" one but there are stipulations that I will not be able to sort unless I physically have the wheels.

oldpotatoe
04-07-2019, 09:55 AM
I am looking to order a set of 27.5 wheels for my gravel bike. Came across a set of Fulcrums on closeout, cheaper than most I've seen out there. Most of these come with 15mm fronts and my fork is 12mm (very hard to find 27.5 wheels optimized for 12mm). Nowhere to contact Fulcrum direct on their site and ChainReaction was no help. Anyone have a contact at Fulcrum? I know ProblemSolvers makes a "universal" one but there are stipulations that I will not be able to sort unless I physically have the wheels.

email Jerry at Campag, NA

ott@campagnolona.com

bward1028
04-07-2019, 10:55 AM
your fork will probably be a bigger factor than the wheels, in my experience.

unterhausen
04-07-2019, 02:36 PM
if your fork doesn't have a lip for the wheel to sit in, you have a lot more options

Rekalcitrant
04-07-2019, 11:00 PM
I had an issue trying to figure out the right end caps to convert a fulcrum wheel from QR to 12mm TA and eventually found an email address somewhere on the Fulcrum website. I forget the details, but pretty sure they had me scan a code on the wheels and they told me which precise end caps to buy. They weren’t easy to find, but when I had the product# I managed track them down, I think from one of the mail order places in Germany. It was all a big pain, but worked out in the end.