PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone consider themselves a "bike activist" on this forum?

XXtwindad
04-01-2019, 10:59 PM
And if so, what does that look like?

I used to be a member of the SF Bike Coalition during my carefree (and car free) youth in the City. Just emerging from the "Parenthood Bubble" and I'd like to get more involved again ...

SlowPokePete
04-02-2019, 03:17 AM
Not so much anymore, but once long ago I used to ride Critical Mass in Manhattan every month and liked hanging out with the Times Up folks...

Not sure that counts..

SPP™

martl
04-02-2019, 04:01 AM
And if so, what does that look like?

I used to be a member of the SF Bike Coalition during my carefree (and car free) youth in the City. Just emerging from the "Parenthood Bubble" and I'd like to get more involved again ...

check if there is a local group in your area, find out if their ideas are compatible with yours, join :) Most advocacy groups will more than welcome anyone who is willing to engage.

If you are inclined to act as an asshole, you can also try to be a thorn in the side of local authorities and politicians (i did for some time :), write letters, write to local newspapers, phone them up, that kind of stuff. sometimes that brings more success than one would think.