PDA

View Full Version : Shimano/SRAM 1X help!

XXtwindad
03-30-2019, 11:56 AM
I'm contemplating my options for a 1X (non di2) disc build. SRAM Force is an obvious choice, and functionally I've got no issue with it, as I've had an XX1 group on my MTB for years and really liked it.

I'm just not crazy about the aesthetics, frankly.

Has anyone set up a Shimano 1X (non di2) system? I've got some massive hills/fire roads near me, and I'm no whippet, so I'd like a 38t in front, and an 11-42 in back, ideally.

Thanks.

Hilltopperny
03-30-2019, 12:07 PM
I haven't run the Shimano 1x, but I have two bikes set up with Force 1x and it does the job. If it's the crankset you don't like the aesthetics of maybe try an Easton cinch crankset or White Industries?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

XXtwindad
03-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Thx. Certainly an option, albeit a tad expensive. White industries is local to me.

Hilltopperny
03-30-2019, 12:20 PM
They are certainly pricey. I haven't tried them out yet, but I know Scott at No22 uses the Easton cinch and Sram 1x on his personal bike and it looks pretty awesome. The White Industries cranks look awesome as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kppolich
03-30-2019, 12:34 PM
I'm contemplating my options for a 1X (non di2) disc build. SRAM Force is an obvious choice, and functionally I've got no issue with it, as I've had an XX1 group on my MTB for years and really liked it.

I'm just not crazy about the aesthetics, frankly.

Has anyone set up a Shimano 1X (non di2) system? I've got some massive hills/fire roads near me, and I'm no whippet, so I'd like a 38t in front, and an 11-42 in back, ideally.

Thanks.

shimano 1x is fine

Narrow/Wide chainring from wolftooth: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/chainrings

Clutch RD: https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-XT-RD-M8000-11SP-Rear-Derailleur-Sgs-Cage-Long-Cage-3X-Drivetrains?pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=shopping_us&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjwp_zkBRBBEiwAndwD9Xh8bMe8-iawCjFHLnQy7Z2ztnx_sTe1Px5n5K75GXgk5wXlBu74ZBoChcw QAvD_BwE

Big cassette for your hills: https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-XT-CS-M8000-Cassette-11-40T-11-Speed?pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=shopping_us&pt_keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjwp_zkBRBBEiwAndwD9cg0P4gpq0OZ9enerlgx T3qRZbbv7LHRC0HvCUbWHw0UlVhbIx29ShoCcsoQAvD_BwE

XXtwindad
03-30-2019, 12:46 PM
Thanks, KP.

What crank am I using with that set-up?

livesadventure
03-31-2019, 09:17 PM
I went di2 with Ultegra shifters / xt fear derailleur because there is no great out of the box Shimano mechanical 1x system.

That said you can use a wolf tooth tanpan that converts the cable pull from road shifters to mountain bike rear derailleurs. That way you can run an 11-46 in the back. I ride with a few people who like that system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXtwindad
03-31-2019, 11:38 PM
I went di2 with Ultegra shifters / xt fear derailleur because there is no great out of the box Shimano mechanical 1x system.

That said you can use a wolf tooth tanpan that converts the cable pull from road shifters to mountain bike rear derailleurs. That way you can run an 11-46 in the back. I ride with a few people who like that system

Thanks for the feedback. I don't understand why Shimano doesn't have an acessible 1X system yet ...

XXtwindad
03-31-2019, 11:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering when Shimano will come out with a more convenient 1X system ...