PDA

View Full Version : Leg warmers

roadie7
03-27-2019, 12:07 PM
As the weather warms up but with chilly mornings, I'm looking for a pair of leg warmers. My problem with several different brands is the one on my right leg falls down while the left leg stays put. I don't know why.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on brand and size. My inseam is 30 inches and, according to the charts, I should buy a Medium. However, I'm wondering if there is a brand/model in which I should buy a "small"?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

papa bless
03-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Do yours have a silicone band at the top? This helps grip your skin even when you're sweating. I've used Pactimo leg warmers for a while and they rock. They have a silicone band and they're reasonably priced. You can probably order two different sizes and return the pair that doesn't fit as well.

https://www.pactimo.com/collections/mens-cycling-outerwear-jackets/products/storm-water-resistant-cycling-leg-warmers

FlashUNC
03-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Q36.5

rst72
03-27-2019, 01:02 PM
Although you asked for leg warmers, DeFeet Kneekers are the best. Comfortable, stay in place and cheap.

simplemind
03-27-2019, 01:07 PM
From my experience you want warmers with the top silicon grippers on the outside. You basically roll up your shorts legs 2"-3", pull on the knee warmers, then roll down the shorts legs over the warmers. You then have the shorts grippers working in unison with the warmer grippers. That's the only way I've had success over a long ride.

berserk87
03-27-2019, 01:20 PM
As the weather warms up but with chilly mornings, I'm looking for a pair of leg warmers. My problem with several different brands is the one on my right leg falls down while the left leg stays put. I don't know why.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on brand and size. My inseam is 30 inches and, according to the charts, I should buy a Medium. However, I'm wondering if there is a brand/model in which I should buy a "small"?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Sounds like your left leg is larger than your right leg?

Tickdoc
03-27-2019, 01:24 PM
snek. I have skinny legs ( as you can probably tell from my avatar;) and their leg warmers in small have been the warmest most comfortable and most stay uppedy set I've ever had.

https://www.snekcycling.com/collections/warmers/products/black-merino-knee-warmers

Johnnysmooth
03-27-2019, 01:25 PM
Tried many brands of knee warmers, most fail, even with the silicon grip.

Surprisingly, one of the first pair I bought has been best - Voler

Rarely wear knee warmers as here in the east, stays pretty cool for those early morn rides of 2-3 hrs and knickers work best - have several weights for various temp ranges

fignon's barber
03-27-2019, 01:32 PM
My problem with several different brands is the one on my right leg falls down while the left leg stays put. I don't know why.

Thanks.

Buy one leg warmer and one arm warmer. Problem solved.

old_fat_and_slow
03-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Buy one leg warmer and one arm warmer. Problem solved.

Too funny !!

I've had good luck with Castelli, on my bird legs.

wc1934
03-27-2019, 04:08 PM
Too funny !!

I've had good luck with Castelli, on my bird legs.

yup - another vote for Castelli. Voler is a very close second.

wtex
03-27-2019, 05:06 PM
PI Thermafleece and LaPassione's have been good to me. I put them on first, then put on shorts. Have had no issues with slipping.
CHad

cgolvin
03-27-2019, 05:15 PM
This isn't really answering your question, but I have a pair of medium Pearl Izumi knee warmers that have always stayed up for me but I do not have skinny legs. (I use the technique described above of using the bib leg warmers to secure them.)

You are welcome to them as I no longer use them. Oh yeah…they're white (pretty sure that's why I don't use them).

Send me a PM with your address if you want 'em.

weisan
03-27-2019, 05:35 PM
From my experience you want warmers with the top silicon grippers on the outside. You basically roll up your shorts legs 2"-3", pull on the knee warmers, then roll down the shorts legs over the warmers. You then have the shorts grippers working in unison with the warmer grippers. That's the only way I've had success over a long ride.

Are you doing this and it still slips?

pdmtong
03-27-2019, 05:55 PM
the only knee / leg warmers that have never slipped on me are the original rapha lycra/roubaix fabric or the newer rapha merino. both of these have the upper silicon on the inside, and they go under my bib shorts ends. average size thighs, size medium.

MagicHour
03-27-2019, 05:58 PM
I have skinny chicken legs and have had good luck with with Louis Garneau Knee Warmers 2 (I sized down from my normal size M to a S to get them snug enough for my liking, YMMV), they also make a full length leg warmer version. I also really like my Defeet Kneekers Woolie which fit me well and stay up - the one thing with those is, they're pretty bulky to stow so I only wear them if there is little chance of having to take them off them on a ride, whereas my LGs are very pocketable.

Performance Bike house brand leg warmers were pretty decent and fit well - but that won't be any help to you now, unfortunately

Seramount
03-27-2019, 06:09 PM
never found leg warmers that didn't fall down...

bought a set of light-wt knickers and they've been fine for chilly mornings.

Black Dog
03-27-2019, 06:20 PM
These are super warm, bright for visibility, and with the strapping system will never fall down.

https://www.raveready.com/5085-thickbox_default/yellow-leg-warmers.jpg

Drmojo
03-27-2019, 08:49 PM
Tried many brands of knee warmers, most fail, even with the silicon grip.

Surprisingly, one of the first pair I bought has been best - Voler

Rarely wear knee warmers as here in the east, stays pretty cool for those early morn rides of 2-3 hrs and knickers work best - have several weights for various temp ranges

Knickers rule
Never slip
Never overheat
Covers my many scars
Did I say leg warmers are awful
Maybe for dancers