PDA

View Full Version : ebay question

NHAero
03-22-2019, 04:41 AM
Yesterday got an email from Paypal reporting an instant payment for an item I had for sale BIN on ebay. But no email came from ebay. Any explanation for this? The item is listed as being sold, just no notification.

vincenz
03-22-2019, 04:49 AM
Happened to me one time if I remember. Very rare. It came eventually. I’m sure it’s due to some server lag on their end. If you see it sold on eBay and money is in your paypal, it’s safe to ship.

oldpotatoe
03-22-2019, 04:54 AM
Yesterday got an email from Paypal reporting an instant payment for an item I had for sale BIN on ebay. But no email came from ebay. Any explanation for this? The item is listed as being sold, just no notification.

I'd log onto ebay, manually, not following PP or any other email path and see if it has been sold. Same with PP to see if the $ is indeed there.

I had an email from 'ebay' once that said I'd been hacked..please log in 'here'..phishing for my password.

NHAero
03-22-2019, 06:23 AM
The $ is in my Paypal account and a search of Moots stem under Sold Listings shows it as the most recent transaction so I guess it's legit, just not normal. Thanks!

03-22-2019, 07:32 AM
That particular kind of transaction seems to do that. It's happened to me. Not sure why they have such weird and inconsistent timing but it's there. You got paid, they got paid, it's on your selling record. It should all be the same.

fignon's barber
03-22-2019, 07:38 AM
Same thing happened to me last week. But $ was deposited in PP account, so shipped it and all good.

NHAero
03-22-2019, 07:55 AM
Thanks, nice to have a data point!
Same thing happened to me last week. But $ was deposited in PP account, so shipped it and all good.