PDA

View Full Version : ISO to Flat mount adapter?

jtakeda
03-20-2019, 03:15 PM
Flat mount brakes are fairly new to the scene.

As far as I know no one makes an adapter to go from ISO frame to flat mount caliper.

Am I wrong?

hollowgram5
03-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Flat mount brakes are fairly new to the scene.

As far as I know no one makes an adapter to go from ISO frame to flat mount caliper.

Am I wrong?There's a dude in Canada... pulling the link to their IG page

https://instagram.com/a.s.solutions

www.assolutions.ca

jtakeda
03-20-2019, 03:36 PM
There's a dude in Canada... pulling the link to their IG page

https://instagram.com/a.s.solutions

www.assolutions.ca

Dude in canada for the win.

Thanks

unterhausen
03-20-2019, 03:43 PM
a lot of ISO mounts will not work with that, there is a diagram at the bottom of the page that shows the problem https://www.assolutions.ca/shop/adapters/flat-mount-adapter-for-is-frame/

jtakeda
03-20-2019, 04:01 PM
a lot of ISO mounts will not work with that, there is a diagram at the bottom of the page that shows the problem https://www.assolutions.ca/shop/adapters/flat-mount-adapter-for-is-frame/

Understood. But if I were hypothetically getting a custom and the builder thought that for my size frame flat mount might be hard to squeeze in and then i hypothetically bought these adapters and sent them to the builder they could make it work. :cool:

PacNW2Ford
03-20-2019, 04:30 PM
Have you considered getting a compatible post-mount caliper instead? The Hope RX4’s come in both post and flat mount versions.

crankles
03-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Have you considered getting a compatible post-mount caliper instead? The Hope RX4’s come in both post and flat mount versions.

this is the way I'm going on the breadwinner. The whisky fork is flat mount only and the 160mm adaptors for it are just huge and hideous! Rear dropouts are curved ISO so those adaptors won't work. so HOPE RX4 flat front and post rear it is!

jtakeda
03-20-2019, 06:19 PM

Well here was my thinking and im totally open to being critiqued on it.

I originally wanted a flat mount frame because I could run mechanical disc brakes (like a paul Klamper) OR a road hydro caliper disc brake (campy, shimano etc).

The idea behind being able to do both is cable disc are easier to fiddle with on the road if I come across an issue, however if hydro becomes the standard than I am future proofing in a way.

By having flat mount I could switch between both with no adapter.

PacNW2Ford
03-20-2019, 09:07 PM
The theory still works as Paul Klampers also come in both mounting styles. I believe there is some intercompatibility between Shimano road and mountain hydro calipers, but you’ll have to confirm that. The Hopes come in different models for the different lever brands.

jtakeda
03-20-2019, 10:20 PM
The theory still works as Paul Klampers also come in both mounting styles. I believe there is some intercompatibility between Shimano road and mountain hydro calipers, but you’ll have to confirm that. The Hopes come in different models for the different lever brands.

Problem is I’m a campy guy.... road hydro is only flat mount for campy and klamper come in flat mount as well.

If I can get the iso tab to play with the adapter I’m gold

unterhausen
03-21-2019, 07:26 AM
Understood. But if I were hypothetically getting a custom and the builder thought that for my size frame flat mount might be hard to squeeze in and then i hypothetically bought these adapters and sent them to the builder they could make it work. :cool:If the issue is the caliper hitting the seat stay, I am not sure that I believe that mounting a flat mount higher than normal is going to help. But I have never held one in my hand, so I could be wrong. What size seat tube do you ride?

jtakeda
03-21-2019, 08:16 AM
If the issue is the caliper hitting the seat stay, I am not sure that I believe that mounting a flat mount higher than normal is going to help. But I have never held one in my hand, so I could be wrong. What size seat tube do you ride?

In an ideal world im riding a 56-57 seat tube. 54 top tube

I’m not sure if the issue is caliper hitting seat stay though. Builder wasn’t specific just said flat mount is extremely hard to do on smaller frames