PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hey Fly: ATOMIC COFFEE. So, am I a genius? Or a defiler?

William
11-29-2006, 08:02 AM
So did I come up with a new coffee drink, or did I desecrate the magical beans?

Stopped off at my local coffee haus on my way to the gym and grabbed a skinny quad latte. When I let myself into the gym, there was a big jar of Atomic Fireballs just sitting there on the counter. Now, I'm not a sweets guy, but Atomic Fireballs/Red Hots is the one thing I like and on rare occasions have. So I'm sipping my latté looking at the jar and....you guessed it, I figured why not. So I grab an Atomic Fireball and drop it into my coffee. I start hitting the weights and every so often come back over and take a hit of my latté, after about 20 - 30 minutes that nice fiery cinnamon flavor started coming through. Not strong enough to overpower the espresso flavor, but just enough to compliment it. Very tasty.

So, am I a genius? Or a defiler?

William ;)

Marco
11-29-2006, 08:12 AM
So, am I a genius? Or a defiler?

William: you're an Effin Genius and an Effin Defiler, not necessarily in that order....

manet
11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
U R a crossover species

William
11-29-2006, 08:58 AM
U R a crossover species

I'm approved,....
;)

flydhest
11-29-2006, 09:33 AM
. . . ick.

William
11-29-2006, 10:06 AM
. . . ick.

So, you're undecided then?

;)

William

Julia Hampsten
11-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Can't be as bad as Steve's disastrous experiment known around here as GatorBeer (or BeerAde). You guessed it. He was thinking it might be like what the Brits call a shandy. . .only it wasn't. . .don't do it, just don't do it. . .

William
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Can't be as bad as Steve's disastrous experiment known around here as GatorBeer (or BeerAde). You guessed it. He was thinking it might be like what the Brits call a shandy. . .only it wasn't. . .don't do it, just don't do it. . .

Now THAT'S defiling (a beer)....ick. ;)

William

Julia Hampsten
11-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Now THAT'S defiling (a beer)....ick. ;)
William I couldn't agree more! Well I guess a superb chef is allowed a clunker once in a while :p :beer:

67-59
11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
. . . ick.

+1

Kevan
11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
espresso + hot chocolate + small splash of mint syrup + whipped cream = a sissy's drink

and a damn good one too! Perfect après ride on the off season.

William
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
espresso + hot chocolate + small splash of mint syrup + whipped cream = a sissy's drink

and a damn good one too! Perfect après ride on the off season.

I'm not usually into sissy drinks, but someone made me a "Mexican Mocha" one time. Same as above but with a splash of cinnamon syrup and a chocolate covered espresso bean on top. Ok, I was a sissy that day. :rolleyes: ;)

William

Bradford
11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm not usually into sissy drinks
Buddy, you're not in Oregon anymore. Anything but Dunkin Donuts coffee is a sissy drink.

If you weren’t trained in stealing peaches, some one might have kicked your butt by now for your skinny quad latte nancy-boy drink. :D

William
11-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Buddy, you're not in Oregon anymore. Anything but Dunkin Donuts coffee is a sissy drink.

If you weren’t trained in stealing peaches, some one might have kicked your butt by now for your skinny quad latte nancy-boy drink. :D

You know, that would explain Beungoods behavior at the coffee shop a while back. "Hi, I would like a skinny- soy - quad shot - no foam - half calf - sugar free vanilla -Ventai latte please".....(as Beungood looks at me bug eyed...jerks his head up to look at the ceiling...then slowly shuffles away from me).

What???? :confused:

William

Kevan
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
hell... they don't even call small cups "small"! What's with that?

Glad I'm no longer a regular (tho I preferred black) consumer.

72gmc
11-29-2006, 11:24 AM
High word count = sissy drink.

Tough:
1 word--"Coffee!!!!!!"
2 words--"Coffee. Lots." or "Coffee. Now." or "Coffee. Donut."
3 words--"Coffee. No cream."
4 words--"Coffee. Room for cream."

Sissy:
13 words--"skinny- soy - quad shot - no foam - half calf - sugar free vanilla -Ventai latte"

Note that Tall Latte, Tall Mocha, Tall Caramel Latte, and some sort of quad/quintuple shot order can fit in the "tough" category. Tough guys like caramel.

William
11-29-2006, 11:37 AM
High word count = sissy drink.

Tough:
1 word--"Coffee!!!!!!"
2 words--"Coffee. Lots." or "Coffee. Now." or "Coffee. Donut."
3 words--"Coffee. No cream."
4 words--"Coffee. Room for cream."

Sissy:
13 words--"skinny- soy - quad shot - no foam - half calf - sugar free vanilla -Ventai latte"

Note that Tall Latte, Tall Mocha, Tall Caramel Latte, and some sort of quad/quintuple shot order can fit in the "tough" category. Tough guys like caramel.

LOL! :D

William

djg
11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
hell... they don't even call small cups "small"! What's with that?

What's a small? You mean an espresso?

My preferred Arlington coffee house does "medium" and "large." When I need to patronize a large chain bent on global domination, I use words like "medium" and "large" and they alwasy give me something that it seems like it could be what I ordered. I save my lame Italian for trips to Italy.

gt6267a
11-29-2006, 12:10 PM

My preferred Arlington coffee house does "medium" and "large." When I need to patronize a large chain bent on global domination, I use words like "medium" and "large" and they alwasy give me something that it seems like it could be what I ordered. I save my lame Italian for trips to Italy.

yes, yes. i know this conversation well.

me: large coffee please.
person dressed in outfit, pdio: a grande?
me: a large
pdio: you would like a grande?
me: large
pdio: grande?
me: large
pdio: grande for the fat bald man with glasses. that will be $9 dollars.
me: large coffee please.
pdio hands me caffinated beverage
me: thank you
me leaves store

William
11-29-2006, 12:23 PM

In my town, it's Fivebucks or Dunkin Dog-nuts. I think Dog-Nuts tastes like swill (sorry Rho-dialinders). I remember when Fivebucks was a local concern in the greater Seattle area so there is a bit of history there for me...even though the current global conglomerate is a far cry from those early days. So, if I'm away from the house and I feel the coffee bug, I'll stop by Fivebucks and get my quad shot with a little skim milk. The ordering shtick bugs me to so I change the way I order it every time just to mess with them. The good thing about Dunkin here is that there are so many in this little state, more per capita then any other state, that the global shop has to lower their prices to compete.

Just saying...

William

PS: I like the ATOMIC COFFEE!! (not as a habit though) I'm currently enjoying some fine Intelligentsia beans ground at home courtesy of my Minnesota connection (props to Marco my man! :cool: )

flydhest
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
given the turn in the conversation, this needs to be shared again.

http://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/movies/foamy/sml1.html

William
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM

I liked it.

William

Kevan
11-29-2006, 12:49 PM
During last year's nationals BBD and I stopped by college-town-flyer-covered-walls-type coffee joint not too far from your folk's place (East of there maybe? Downhill?). My point is, it was very good and pleasant to hangout in.

They serve sissy drinks too.

Lincoln
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM

Thanks! Even funnier than the Click and Clack diatribe of a while back:

Car Talk (http://www.cartalk.com/content/rant/r-rlast26.html)

in which my favorite idea is: "From now on, I'm going to walk up to the counter and say, "Gimme two bucks worth," and when they say, "Do you want tall, grande, short, vente..." I'm gonna say, "you figure it out." Here's my two bucks, give me as much coffee as that'll buy. And if they have to fill the thing up three quarters of the way, or give me a cup and a half, that's their problem."

Ahneida Ride
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
D squared used to make magnificent cup of Joe. No more.
I suspect some Harvard MBA bean counter took control.
D**2 is now pathetic.
Not to mention the donuts with fleas on them.
DD used to make the donuts in the back of the store, so they
were fresh. I believe they are now manufactured at a central location. :confused:

FourBucks is take it or leave it. I have no passion for their brew. I can't
understand why 4bucks is so popular. Oh well ....
And they expect a tip too !!!! What a joke. A tip for pouring a cup of
coffee. :no:

Oh yea, Due to Dollar Dilution, FourBucks is now FiveBucks.

Serpico
11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
I cut caffeine out completely 1 1/2 weeks ago

never been happier

cool as a cucumber

unshakeable

check the snoopy avatar--cool :cool:

Ahneida Ride
11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
. I think Dog-Nuts tastes like swill.

Donekin Dog_Nuts. I like that. May I add that to my repertoire?

William
11-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Donekin Dog_Nuts. I like that. May I add that to my repertoire?

Sure thing Unca. And I won't charge you residuals because you're my buddy. :)

During last year's nationals BBD and I stopped by college-town-flyer-covered-walls-type coffee joint not too far from your folk's place (East of there maybe? Downhill?). My point is, it was very good and pleasant to hangout in.

They serve sissy drinks too.

That's a good shop with good coffee. Unfortunately it's not on the path of my usual wanderings....unless I'm visiting my parents. And all BBDave had was sissy drinks when we went there too. He bought one when we got there, one during, and another to go when we left. ;)

William

Kevan
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
BBDave had was sissy drinks when we went there too. He bought one when we got there, one during, and another to go when we left. ;) William

Come on... zebra suit. What else would you expect?

William
11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Come on... zebra suit. What else would you expect?

Yeah. Duh!! :crap:

William :D

Julia Hampsten
11-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Donekin Dog_Nuts. I like that. May I add that to my repertoire?Drunkin' Donuts when I was at school in Boston. . . only food available in the early hours. . .

Now I enjoy the smugness and suffer the occasional ridicule of being an herbal tea-drinker in Seattle. And no, none of that icky chai stuff!

MAKE TEA NOT LOVE
-Hell's Grannies, Monty Python

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CStfT8gCrjM

vintage. . .

Too Tall
11-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Bwaaa hahaha, the squirrels are funie :cool: Do you have that with monkeys?

Anywho, ask for a "short" that's a good ol cuppa coffee at Starschmucks...it's still swill.

I've got a new hustle....ask for a tall coffee in a grande cup "BECAUSE I LIKE ROOM FOR CREME" that's all you gotta say. I can't take credit, I overheard a customer at Caribooboo Coffee ask this and thought it freakin' brilliant. Only one hitch is when a newbie serves you and have to deal with clicking eyeballs and steam coming out of their tiny brains ;)

"I'd like a tall coffee in a grande double cup" that really messes them up....SWEAR I've heard a "scoobie what" once or twice. giggle.

It's just coffee fer criz sakes.

72gmc
11-29-2006, 07:00 PM
MAKE TEA NOT LOVE
-Hell's Grannies, Monty Python

Thanks, there went ten minutes of productive time...

"and it went wherever I did go"

Julia Hampsten
11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks, there went ten minutes of productive time...

"and it went wherever I did go"

you're welcome ;)

Tailwinds
11-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I saw a shirt once w/the Dunkin' Donuts logo... same font, colors... at first glance it looked normal... but if you really read it, it said:

FRUKIN
GONUTS

Ginger
11-29-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm not so fond of Atomic fireballs...and we have cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer hanging out in the kitchen at work...I tried it once, it reminded me of redhots...ugh.

William
11-30-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm not so fond of Atomic fireballs...and we have cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer hanging out in the kitchen at work...I tried it once, it reminded me of redhots...ugh.

Ginger, are you more of a Lemon-Head??

http://www.typetive.com/blogimages/lemonheads-lg.jpg

William ;) :D

PS: And no, I won't be dropping any of those in my coffee. :no: