PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time you saw three Teledynes together?

cnighbor1
03-19-2019, 03:35 PM
From Robert Freeman right now on eBay march 2019 two Teledyne titans listed along with 3 NOS Forks

"When is the last time you saw three Teledynes together? Never for me. Our buddy Sam picked up this neat Follis Titan recently for pennies. It has a first gen DA drive train and brakes and headset, with Phil hubs. Neat Campy copy track pedals from Argentina called Giorgia Competicion. Anyone seen those before? Steve's is a mix of fixed gear stuff making it 14 lbs. Mine is full Campy weight weenie stuff, with lots of lightweight goodies making it 17 1/2 lbs.
The first really nice day of Spring, with temps in the 70s allowing shorts and short sleeves for the first time.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8379107@N03/albums/72157704124270602

Last pics are from CR of a Follis Titan with all the decals. Sam will get those made. His still has the head tube decal so we know what it was. There are 5 Follis titans listed in the CR registry for Teledyne.

And me with my new CR jersey! They are very nice. Perfect for a 70s day.

Robert D Freeman
North Bend WA "

Dasarbule
03-19-2019, 04:54 PM
Speechless

SPOKE
03-20-2019, 12:19 PM
It’s really nice to see these bikes out in the wild!
I have 2 that are built and rideable and a third frameset that will eventually get built. All three have the Ti forks.

unterhausen
03-20-2019, 01:00 PM
I gave away my Teledyne frame to the person that bought the fork. Frame was busted at the BB, second one where that happened to me. Teledyne was tanking at that point so they were unapologetic. I was really happy to see that frame go. Making structural tubes out of commercially pure Ti is engineering malpractice anyway.

chrisroph
03-20-2019, 02:41 PM
It's been a good long while. It's also surprising to see 3 in one place at the same time that aren't broken!

josephr
03-20-2019, 07:18 PM
my buddy's finally snapped last year. :( so, what's up with the spokes on that SS? never seen them fanned around like that. optical illusion??

unterhausen
03-20-2019, 07:54 PM
had your buddy been riding his bike since new? Because mine lasted no more than 2 years before I noticed the front derailleur was rubbing a lot and found the cracks. That was 40-odd years ago.