PDA

View Full Version : White Industries VBC Mounting Instructions Wanted

jambee
03-17-2019, 11:45 AM
Howdie,

I'm in the process of building another set of WI Eno with VBC rings. It dawned on me that I'm not sure how to mount the small ring.

Looking at the WI website, I find detailed instructions about a bunch of stuff, but none about how to put the VBC rings together.

Any guidance here? Do I face both engravings (small and large rings) in the same direction? Anything else to keep in mind?

adampaiva
03-17-2019, 06:38 PM
I asked them because I wasn’t sure either.

The inner ring that says inside should face toward the back of the outer chainring. The inner ring doesn’t have a specific orientation.

Best
Lynette

But my front shifting was occasionally causing chain to get hung up between chainrings so I flipped the inner ring from this orientation. It’s asymmetric so this puts the chainrings closer together. Seems to have solved it.

jambee
03-18-2019, 01:59 AM
Thank you!

I see now what you mean and followed your advice to put the "INSIDE" engraving in the direction of the frame and not away from it.
It seems to get the two rings closer together which probably makes sense when using 11 speed chains.

I would love to also hear if WI provided any guidance on the correct torque to be used when connecting the two rings.

Thanks again.