PDA

View Full Version : Better stock up on Veloflex...?

bostondrunk
11-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Gonna stop making them? Thats OK, Contis are better anyway.... :p

http://www.veloflextires.com/veloflex_info.htm

sspielman
11-28-2006, 09:53 AM
The travelogue is pretty good, but it is also about ten years old....I don't expect Veloflex to stop making tubulars.....It won't be long until somebody unloads on the author, though....

bostondrunk
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
ahhh....someone posted it over at weight weenies. didn't realize it was an old article......although there is no date on it.

terrytnt
11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
What a relief!!! We need Veloflex to stay in business :D

SBash
11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Veloflex is the best tire I have used. Never had a flat, air them 95 to 105, comfy, and they are very round. Lately have been using Velofles Black (clincher) and just changed out with 1200 miles. I have stocked up because the price will keep going up.

SB

Serotta PETE
11-29-2006, 07:11 AM
critusa@aol.com has good prices on these......I have done business with Danny over the years and he is excellent to deal with. Just send him an e-mail with request, he sends you prices. If you want them he mails to you AND THEN YOU SEND CHECK!!!

PETE

dbrk
11-29-2006, 07:18 AM
critusa@aol.com has good prices on these......I have done business with Danny over the years and he is excellent to deal with. Just send him an e-mail with request, he sends you prices. If you want them he mails to you AND THEN YOU SEND CHECK!!!
PETE

This fella' Danny was selling tires this way before the WWW, back during the early iBOB years ('95ish). Honesty, competent, always reliable, what is not to like?

not a paid or in kind endorsement at all! dbrk

wasfast
11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
The best price on Veloflex Pave's I've found is wisecyclebuys, $39.95 for natural sideways, $44.95 for black sidewalls. And William is also a class act in my experiences.

oldguy00
11-29-2006, 09:43 AM
The best price on Veloflex Pave's I've found is wisecyclebuys, $39.95 for natural sideways, $44.95 for black sidewalls. And William is also a class act in my experiences.

Can't speak for clincher prices, but the rest of his prices are terrible. $65 for a conti sprinter. $410 for a DA crank, etc.

Check out probikekit.com
They have the paves on for $38.01, and the price drops by $3+ if you buy two or more. And free shipping, even for small orders. Pretty dang hard to beat!

Grant McLean
11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I've said this before, but i'll say it again...

Anyone who likes Veloflex clinchers, but finds them REALLY tight on the
rim, and almost impossible to mount.... Try the Deda rs corsa. They
are identical to the pave, but mount easily. I've measured a bunch
and for some reason, the Pave's are like 1cm smaller in circumference
than almost any tire.

YMMV

I'm about 99% sure that the Deda tires and the Gommitalia tires are made
in the veloflex facility in Italy.

g

sg8357
11-29-2006, 10:14 AM
The Deda Tre are 24.5mm according to (V) Bike Quarterly, slightly edging the extinct Clement 28mm tubulars for fastest tire. Veloflexes were not tested.

Scott G.

weiwentg
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Gonna stop making them? Thats OK, Contis are better anyway.... :p

http://www.veloflextires.com/veloflex_info.htm

a lot of people claim to have been defrauded by Mark Hoskin, the author of the linked article. I'm not sure he's the seller of the tires, but I wouldn't buy any from him. see http://tc-homes.com/bike/forum/hoskin/

djg
11-29-2006, 11:35 AM

PETE

I bought a pair of veloflex tires from him last year--very good prices (with, if I remember right, free shipping and a 10 buck discount if you buy two tires) and extremely easy to deal with. I'm not sure if it's much of a business, but he struck me as a good guy as well as an honest dealer.

SBash
11-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Ya, the clinchers are a little tough to mount, hence no pinch flats. I'm 210lbs and can run at low air preasures.

SB

petitelilpettit
11-29-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm 190 and I'm running the Veloflex Corsa clinchers, and I can run them at lower pressures and still be confident riding. The clinchers can be a little tough, but once they break in, they are very easy to take off and put on.

Pettit