Mike

mike p gets it.

Big Dan
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I like Frankie...... :D

Ray
11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't get it...

Did he say anything there that he hasn't before? How does this implicate Lance anymore than anything else that's already been out there? Not defending or attacking anyone - I just don't see anything here that changes anything.

-Ray

J.Greene
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4525

ENJOY

AmerliN

His wifey seems kinda wacky, but frankie comes off as very credible as always.

JG

Serpico
11-27-2006, 06:32 PM
his wife is definitely off message

mosca
11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
someone has to do it

AgilisMerlin
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
i don't know frankie or his wife.

but if you take the story subjectively.

frankie decides to tell his truth.

frankie's wife decides to tell her truth.

Lance decides to tell his truth.

Who you believe?

Seems this story has not boiled yet, or as ATMO would say, has not burst into flame..............it is all a difference of degree. :eek:

btw, my kids are driving me cookoo :D

AmerliN

Big Dan
11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
i don't know frankie or his wife.

but if you take the story subjectively.

frankie decides to tell his truth.

frankie's wife decides to tell her truth.

Lance decides to tell his truth.

Who you believe?

Seems this story has not boiled yet, or as ATMO would say, has not burst into flame..............it is all a difference of degree. :eek:

btw, my kids are driving me cookoo :D

AmerliN

Easy, I believe Frankie..... :D

Kevan
11-27-2006, 06:53 PM
http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/T-Shirt-Only%20Goal%20is%20to%20Deny%20Yours-747013.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't get it...

Did he say anything there that he hasn't before? How does this implicate Lance anymore than anything else that's already been out there? Not defending or attacking anyone - I just don't see anything here that changes anything.

-Ray

. . . to demonstrate that he's not some sort of raving wacko. He's calm and collected and a reasonable person who had reasonable motivations for coming out and saying what he's been saying the past 6 months to a year. He needs to grab at every opportunity he can to do that, because the guy who is holding that grudge against him has huge amounts of money and influence and can get a huge voice just by calling a few of his connections. Frankie doesn't have that.

Note the reaction to the other thread about the accusations from Frankie's wife. The immediate reaction is, "She must be crazy! What a wack-job!"--and that's exactly the reacton that a pro spin-meister would have in mind when they would plan to do something like bugging somebody's computer in the first place. Bush has Karl Rove to handle this stuff for him and there are people out there who are just as capable as he is and who will supply the service to whoever can pay the price.

This is not just a p*ssing match. It's a very sophisticated PR game and Lance has the dough to get the best that money can buy if he wants to--and he already has the widespread reputation as not the nicest of guys. He has the connections and the cash to tell somebody under his breath, "I'm going to ruin you"--and mean it.

BBD

oracle
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
andreu had better watch out for the polonium-210....

stevep
11-28-2006, 05:50 AM
. . . to demonstrate that he's not some sort of raving wacko. He's calm and collected and a reasonable person who had reasonable motivations for coming out and saying what he's been saying the past 6 months to a year. He needs to grab at every opportunity he can to do that, because the guy who is holding that grudge against him has huge amounts of money and influence and can get a huge voice just by calling a few of his connections. Frankie doesn't have that.

Note the reaction to the other thread about the accusations from Frankie's wife. The immediate reaction is, "She must be crazy! What a wack-job!"--and that's exactly the reacton that a pro spin-meister would have in mind when they would plan to do something like bugging somebody's computer in the first place. Bush has Karl Rove to handle this stuff for him and there are people out there who are just as capable as he is and who will supply the service to whoever can pay the price.

This is not just a p*ssing match. It's a very sophisticated PR game and Lance has the dough to get the best that money can buy if he wants to--and he already has the widespread reputation as not the nicest of guys. He has the connections and the cash to tell somebody under his breath, "I'm going to ruin you"--and mean it.

BBD

100% correct. bbd is on the mark completely.
paint them as deranged. ill bet the conversation went like this...
betsy, " im not willing to lie for that guy. im saying it like it is.."
frankie..." me too, i gotta move on..."

Ray
11-28-2006, 06:23 AM

BBD
I see how what Frankie said helps Frankie - I was just questioning the earlier assertion that this is the beginning of the end for Lance. Yeah, it shows Frankie as the reasonable guy he is and probably helps his prospects for future employment in the cycling world. But unless he's just pumping up his credibility for a later direct accusation of Lance (which he has been careful to avoid so far), I don't see how it hurts Lance. That's the point I was trying to make by saying there was nothing new in this article.

Anyway, I wish Frankie and his wife the best.

-Ray

BumbleBeeDave
11-28-2006, 06:36 AM
. . . and I just think Frankie and Betsie are trying to protect themselves the best they can. In the interview Frankie mentioned his surprise that their testimony from the SCA case had been leaked. No court proceeding will remain truly sealed as long as individuals have axes to grind and there is someone willing to pay the price to get it leaked. It's all part of that same sophisticated PR game and it's done all the time.

I think they went into it trying to be honest, with the naive expectation that their testimony really would remain sealed. They were wrong. Now they are doing damage control the best they can because they don't have the cash to fight back hard with the same (expensive) weapons that are being used against them.

BBD