PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Amazing trips with kids

roguedog
03-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Man, so many thoughts about a trip like this (https://vimeo.com/321167363?fbclid=IwAR2PSlY02uCETr0iK_XTzrqiu3i5md-09UTLf1gGbrmuPvybBv7-6Nzu194) with kids.

How cool and kids being kids without all the tech
Wow.. is it dangerous?
I can't believe how good the kids seem to be
So many cool family adventures and memories
Wow....

joosttx
03-09-2019, 05:54 PM
thanks for sharing. I think it is great.

roguedog
03-09-2019, 06:18 PM
So funny. I totally thought of you and your kids. :)

I also kept thinking what do they do for a living that they can take these extended trips. I can't imagine the interesting perspective these kids must have on life. I got sucked into his channel and been watching other videos. Theyve taken long canoe trips thru the Northwest Territories and along Alaska.

joosttx
03-09-2019, 06:25 PM

I bought a surfboard and wetsuit today. The kids have been badgering me about surfing of late. It costs about $600/kid for surf camp, so I decided buy the stuff let my buddies teach me to surf and then teach them. That’s gonna be our new adventure this summer.

I have two friends that have done stuff like that -travel across Austrilia and Alaska. My wife and I both lived overseas growing up, Brazil, Singapore, Egypt. I think it’s great to have such adventures. Next summer we are planning a road trip through the southwest. Hopefully, we will build upon that to something like the Baja trip although I doubt we will ever do something that extreme.

joosttx
03-09-2019, 06:29 PM

I also kept thinking what do they do for a living that they can take these extended trips. I can't imagine the interesting perspective these kids must have on life. I got sucked into his channel and been watching other videos. Theyve taken long canoe trips thru the Northwest Territories and along Alaska.

The two families that I know have done it were different. One had owned a business and sold it and then consulted while traveling. The others were teachers. Each had the time and money to do something like that.

weisan
03-09-2019, 07:02 PM
That's it, I am contacting Uncle Dave Thompson to book our next family vacation!

feta99
03-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Great video. Inspired me to think of better trips for my family with our 8yo.

pdmtong
03-09-2019, 08:09 PM
It's awesome in concept but Baja? Now? No thanks. Find some place else...

I wouldn't do those off the path surf/windsurf trips I did to Baja back when in today's world.