PDA

View Full Version : Road disc rotor options

tele
03-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Building my first road/gravel disc bike...need center lock rotors to go with an eTap HRD group.

Between SRAM Centerline or Shimano rotors any obvious winner?

kppolich
03-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Building my first road/gravel disc bike...need center lock rotors to go with an eTap HRD group.

Between SRAM Centerline or Shimano rotors any obvious winner?

140mm is Pro, so go with that no matter what brand.

dem
03-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Just make sure the pad size matches the rotor swept area, and you're good to go. I am not familiar with the sram pad size.

The Shimano ice tech rotors are hard to beat.

nmrt
03-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Shimano RT99 CL is not as heavy as the SRAM CL counterpart. It is also better than SRAM in heat dissipation, in my experience.

yinzerniner
03-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Shimano RT99 CL is not as heavy as the SRAM CL counterpart. It is also better than SRAM in heat dissipation, in my experience.

Can't recommend the RT99 enough. Have put a few through the ringer and they've been perfect.

Had nothing but issues with SRAM centerline pads. Like that the edges are very rounded and dulled to prevent possible slicing, but they warp constantly, are very loud and also don't seem to provide the same stopping power as the Shimano rotors.

dougefresh
03-06-2019, 01:29 PM
I couldn't put a SRAM caliper and a Shimano rotor together (or vise-versa) but I'm one of these guys that has to have bar/ stem/ post all match.