PDA

View Full Version : 26” wheels on 700c frame

jonjones13
03-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Ok, I’ve got a Moots DR I’m looking to build up and I’ve spotted a great deal on some ENVE XC 26” rims.

Sorry if I’m late to the party (the gravel revolution is a bit slow getting started on this side of the Atlantic) but has anyone tried similar, and what tyre size is recommended generally (I know it’ll be frame specific) to not screw the geo/ride characteristics too bad?

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jon

yinzerniner
03-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Ok, I’ve got a Moots DR I’m looking to build up and I’ve spotted a great deal on some ENVE XC 26” rims.

Sorry if I’m late to the party (the gravel revolution is a bit slow getting started on this side of the Atlantic) but has anyone tried similar, and what tyre size is recommended generally (I know it’ll be frame specific) to not screw the geo/ride characteristics too bad?

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jon

Simple math would require 2.2-2.6" tires to match up with the original geometry spec on 25-30mm tires. Better question would be whether those size tires would fit, which I highly doubt.

If you want to roll huge tires get a frame that was designed for them, not an endurance frame which will probably only fit 32mm 700c tires at the max.

Black Dog
03-05-2019, 02:23 PM
I think you would be better off with 650B (27.5) wheels. With a bigger tire they have nearly the same diameter as a 700c wheel with a ~25c tire.