PDA

View Full Version : Testamonial

Byron
12-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Well, the CSI is over 6 years old now and has received about 40,000 miles. It has been returned once to Serrota for repair. Yes, it broke. I do not race, but train as though I do, and am hard on bikes. The fracture was across the right seat stay and was oriented straight across the tube just below the joint with the seat tube. Serrota repaired after verification that it had not been raced and honored the warrantee. I Finally discarded the old wheels which were Campy Moskva rims and Dura-Ace hubs for a newly built set of Mavic CPX 33's with Dura Ace hubs. In the meantime, I had been riding the Trek 5500 Project One that I ordered while the frame was under repair. Finally, after a couple months, I received the wheels, reinstalled the cogs, put the wheels on and rode. WHAT A BIKE! Yes, it is about 2 pounds heavier than the 5500, but smooth is the word. That spring, the quietness, the smoothness is awesome. The bike handles and rides so well. The Trek is awesome, but the Serrota is more awesome with respect to ride quality. Thanks, Ben. Note. Not all 700c wheels are alike. The Mavic rims are a slightly smaller diameter than the Campy wheels. In installing my favorite Michelin Prestige 70x20 tires on the Campy wheels, I have broken many tire tools and have said some naughty words. Now the same tires go on much easier. The brake pads had to be repositioned to accomodate the new rim size, and the rear brake pads are now extended to the end of the arms.