PDA

View Full Version : 2019 cycling TV schedule

LegendRider
03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have a link to 2019 race coverage available in the US?

I'm looking for:

Event
Date/time of airing
Network

Thanks!

GregL
03-04-2019, 03:57 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/cycling
https://www.flobikes.com/signup?utm_campaign=branded&utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=non-event&msclkid=4406fb73a9bc18e8d04fa70e340cbe2e
https://www.velonews.com/2019/02/news/where-u-s-fans-can-watch-cycling-in-2019_482734
https://www.outsideonline.com/2391018/how-to-watch-pro-cycling-2019

LegendRider
03-04-2019, 05:57 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/cycling
https://www.flobikes.com/signup?utm_campaign=branded&utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=non-event&msclkid=4406fb73a9bc18e8d04fa70e340cbe2e
https://www.velonews.com/2019/02/news/where-u-s-fans-can-watch-cycling-in-2019_482734
https://www.outsideonline.com/2391018/how-to-watch-pro-cycling-2019

Thank you.

You won't need to purchases the NBC Sports Gold package to get the Tour, correct?

kramnnim
03-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Thank you.

You won't need to purchases the NBC Sports Gold package to get the Tour, correct?

No, but it's 65% commercials

Climb01742
03-05-2019, 06:27 AM
No, but it's 65% commercials

Not on my DVR.:);)

GregL
03-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Thank you.

You can watch the tour on the NBC Sports channel available on most cable/satellite packages. As others have noted, there are lots of commercials and commentary during the broadcasts.

The NBC Sports Gold app is an annual subscription service that runs from June to June of each year. For $50, you get all the races they cover commercial-free. You can watch them live or replay them at your convenience. I usually watch the races on my iPad, but can also show them on my family room TV. Right now, they're running a $20 special for the remainder of the spring season (e.g., Paris-Nice, Volta a Catalunya, Paris-Roubaix, Fleche Wallonne, LBL, Tour of California, Dauphine). I've used the NBC Sports Gold app (and its predecessors) for years. Best bike race viewing $$ I've ever spent!

Greg

rst72
03-05-2019, 09:25 AM
NBC Sports Gold is definitely worth it.

Question on FLobikes...are there full event replays?

rst72
03-05-2019, 09:30 AM
^^^^found the replays.

Flobikes sounds like a good option for the Giro as you can pay monthly and cancel anytime.

echappist
03-05-2019, 10:04 AM
I just spent 40 quids and re-upped my Eurosport subscription for like the sixth year. All the bike racing you could ever want, every single one of them. Minimal commercial breaks, too.

Just need a VPN. If you want to be a cheapskate, the VPN per se is sufficient to allow you to access Sporza

choke
03-05-2019, 10:34 AM
I just spent 40 quids and re-upped my Eurosport subscription for like the sixth year. All the bike racing you could ever want, every single one of them. Minimal commercial breaks, too.Enjoy it while you can.

I have subscribed to Eurosport for 3-4 years. Last year my CC was compromised and a new card issued. In Jan when my ES subscription was due for renewal I tried to do so with the new card and it would not work. The ES site kept telling me that I needed to "please use a payment method registered in this country"...in other words, a CC from a UK bank. I guess they're trying to stop people from doing what many of us here have been for a while.

kramnnim
03-05-2019, 11:08 AM
it may or may not be possible to get around that payment block by using a paypal account set to a different country.

Mark McM
03-05-2019, 11:10 AM
You can watch the tour on the NBC Sports channel available on most cable/satellite packages. As others have noted, there are lots of commercials and commentary during the broadcasts.

One advantage I've found to DVR-ing the NBC Sport Channel is the ability to fast forward through the less active parts of the race. Let's face it, a race that's 5 or 6 hours doesn't have 5 or 6 hours of interesting viewing. There are large portions of the race where there's not much going on. While many streaming replay services allow you to skip ahead, there's a chance you can miss some important action. But with a DVR, instead of skipping, you can watch at an accelerated rate, so you can see all the action, just faster. Some DVRs even have a fast-play mode, which allows both video and audio to play at a 30% faster rate.

kramnnim
03-05-2019, 11:13 AM
I like to watch live, though, when possible. Hard to avoid spoilers on social media.

kramnnim
03-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Oh, and Eurosport player may or may not be cheaper if you set your VPN to a country other than the UK and use that countries Eurosport site. (renewed last November for 44.50 polish zloty, about $12)

echappist
03-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Enjoy it while you can.

I have subscribed to Eurosport for 3-4 years. Last year my CC was compromised and a new card issued. In Jan when my ES subscription was due for renewal I tried to do so with the new card and it would not work. The ES site kept telling me that I needed to "please use a payment method registered in this country"...in other words, a CC from a UK bank. I guess they're trying to stop people from doing what many of us here have been for a while.

unfortunately, you aren't the first person to confirm this

really disappointing :(

i lucked through, with the auto renewal (despite an address change); doubt i'd have the same success down the road. maybe they have yet to catch on in some of the other countries (Ireland, etc.)

Oh, and Eurosport player may or may not be cheaper if you set your VPN to a country other than the UK and use that countries Eurosport site. (renewed last November for 44.50 polish zloty, about $12)

is your coverage in Polish or English?

and were you able to circumvent the issue @choke described?

choke
03-05-2019, 12:54 PM
it may or may not be possible to get around that payment block by using a paypal account set to a different country.
I've tried pretty much everything I could think of including that. I even had someone in the UK who was going to purchase a pre-paid card and set it up that way....but they won't take a pre-paid card.

The only way around it that I can see is to have someone living in a country that Eurosport broadcasts to set up an account with their CC/Paypal and info and then reimburse them. But that's a lot to ask of someone so I guess I'm just SOL.

It really sucks because the NBC Gold package doesn't carry the races that I want to watch, which is only women's racing other than a couple of exceptions. It looks like Flobikes has a very limited number of women's races and Fubo has them all but that price per month is far more than I'm willing to pay. ES was good about showing quite a few women's races.

kramnnim
03-05-2019, 02:24 PM
I only used the Polish IP to subscribe...use a UK IP to watch and it's in English.

Er...my friend did that. He opened an account from paypal.co.uk and paid with that account. He could try to subscribe for someone else if they want.

Tommasini53
03-05-2019, 09:17 PM
NBC Sports Gold is definitely worth it.

Question on FLobikes...are there full event replays?
yeah,FloBikes has replays and it looks like their coverage has expanded for this year.

bcroslin
03-17-2019, 08:07 PM
yeah,FloBikes has replays and it looks like their coverage has expanded for this year.

Has anyone subscribed to Flobikes, and if so, is it worth $13/month?

KonaSS
03-18-2019, 06:59 AM
I have flobikes and the coverage is good. Just to be clear, it is $13 a month if you sign up for a year. If you are on the month to month plan, I think it is $29.

A budddy of mine registered his email for flobikes.com but didn't purchase a plan. They then sent him a coupon for 20% off and he went ahead and bought the yearly plan.

bcroslin
03-18-2019, 08:18 AM
Good to know. I’ll sign up and then wait a few days to see if they send the code. I know I’ll end up signing up for NBC to watch Roubaix and the tour but I’m wondering just how much cycling I can watch in one season.