PDA

View Full Version : Rent Apartment, Receive New Bike, Baltimore Reaching Out!

laupsi
03-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Hoping the link below works. I say, it's about time!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-wheelhouse-apartments-20190227-story.html

Thought I’d relist, this is a big deal. At least it is here, in a city known for nothing positive!

laupsi
03-02-2019, 05:54 AM
I have a Sun subscription and can open link no problem. If you do not and cannot access article let me know if interested in reading.

CPP
03-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Hoping the link below works. I say, it's about time!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-wheelhouse-apartments-20190227-story.html

Thought I’d relist, this is a big deal. At least it is here, in a city known for nothing positive!

Please don’t rag on Bmore!

jamesdak
03-02-2019, 07:44 AM
Baltimore..... I lived in a little PA town right across the MD border for several years. Had a couple of neighbors who were Baltimore cops. They stated on many an occasion how they would never, even consider trying to raise their families in the cesspool that has become Baltimore.

Guess the city is trying...

laupsi
03-02-2019, 07:55 AM
yea, I've said it before, lots going on in this city that polarizes people's opinion. there are really two Baltimore's; downtown which is gentrified and every other location w/in the beltway. there are pockets; Roland Park, Fed Hill, Canton, Bolton Hill, Homeland, which have most of the tax base, but even these areas have major crime issues. Hamden has become an art bastion and home to a few micro brews. Hamden also touts lower rent and a more realistic approach to what is considered city living for many younger folks.

the city is trying and I think that shows. Under Armor has invested a lot in this city, so has the Paterakis family who owns major water front realestate and H&S Bakery, not to mention Johns Hopkins; all of which are major employers in our region.

I could go on and on but will save that for another day/venue.

Cheers, thanks for taking an interest!

OtayBW
03-02-2019, 07:56 AM
Baltimore..... I lived in a little PA town right across the MD border for several years. Had a couple of neighbors who were Baltimore cops. They stated on many an occasion how they would never, even consider trying to raise their families in the cesspool that has become Baltimore.

Guess the city is trying...
And yet, there are some really great areas as well as the bad. Probably like many places.

jamesdak
03-02-2019, 09:41 AM
In Baltimore's defense.....

There are 8 other cities in the U.S. ranked as worse cities to live in. So Baltimore has that going for it. ;)

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2018/06/10/50-worst-cities-to-live-in-3/10/

jamesdak
03-02-2019, 09:43 AM
And yet, there are some really great areas as well as the bad. Probably like many places.

Very true.

Out where I live I see the bad places in Salt Lake City growing and growing. Give it another 20 years with the current political mindset and it'll join the likes of Baltimore as a bad city to live in. So many areas of it I avoid now....

andeww
03-02-2019, 10:08 AM
I can't think of another city that I have mentally tied to a show and overall image. That show being The Wire, which was amazing but did some serious PR damage.

OtayBW
03-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Very true.

Out where I live I see the bad places in Salt Lake City growing and growing. Give it another 20 years with the current political mindset and it'll join the likes of Baltimore as a bad city to live in. So many areas of it I avoid now....Interesting perpective....